[FIXED] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

by Nindigo79

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of my sim got the sudden chill buff bug every 3 or 4 sim hours. I remembered that I went wading with that sim in Magnolia Promenade just before Island Living. So I tried to do it again to get ride of the buff...and I found out we can't anymore. So I went to Sulani and wade on the beach lot here and there till my sim was ok. Then I travel back to her house in willow creek and since that for 3 sim's days now she didn't get the sudden chill buff bug. My sim doesn't have any island living traits.

Message 81 of 98 (1,073 Views)

"Sudden Chill" Buff Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go into your game and play around a bit, this bug should occur. But you should have Realm of Magic installed.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim gets a moodlet which makes him turn blue and get cold. It says the cause of the moodlet is from swimming, but he hasn't swam. Nothing bad happens, but it's just annoying.
What do you expect to see? I expect the moodlet to not come anymore unless he's actually swimming.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and downloaded Realm of Magic.

Sooo...ever since Realm of Magic came out, I've been having this strange bug where my Sim will just all of a sudden get a buff called Sudden Chill where he will turn blue and get really cold, which the game says is from swimming. He hasn't even swimmed at all and I don't have Seasons installed. I'm really confused. This bug isn't the worst thing ever, but it is quite annoying and I have to use the UI Cheats Extension mod to get rid of it. If anyone else has had this bug and can determine the cause of it, that would be great. Also, this is after installing Realm of Magic as I said.

Message 82 of 98 (1,079 Views)

Re: "Sudden Chill" Buff Bug

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, also since the new game pack. Sim just randomly gets the chill from swimming moodlet.

Message 83 of 98 (1,010 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★ Novice

This started after my Sim "waded" in Granite Falls in order to introduce himself to the hermit.  I didn't even select wading as an action.  :-/

My Sim is 2nd gen, and his father experienced the same issue - I can't remember if it was before or after my sim was born.  It eventually went away in the father, but I'm not sure why.

Is there a way to remove the moodlet from the game all together?  It is a bit absurd in general - who has a "sudden chill" for 4 hours straight?

Message 84 of 98 (900 Views)

Sudden chill buff won’t go away

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, cats and dogs, seasons, and the holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim swim and get the sudden chill buff and get out and not swim for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? Even without getting back in the water my sim will still get the sudden chill buff and it won’t go away
What do you expect to see? The buff only occur when my sim is swimming and only for the 2 hour duration it’s supposed to have
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has the sudden chill buff and it keeps coming back even tho she hasn’t swam in days. She keeps starting to freeze and turns blue even when the weather is hot. Without the remove buffs cheat I don’t know how to fix it. I’ve restarted my game and tried removing mods but nothing’s changed. What I can do to fix it?

Message 85 of 98 (914 Views)

Re: Sudden chill buff won’t go away

Hero
@lexipinky There's this known bug but yours sounds a bit different: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sudden-Chill-But-Not-From-Swimming/td-p/7962938/

Have you tested without mods as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 98 (899 Views)

★★ Novice

I have yes but the problem still persisted it just didn’t show up as often. I’ve also made sure my mods were also up to date Incase that was the issue too but nothing really changed.

Message 87 of 98 (896 Views)

Hero
@lexipinky To be sure, does it count down and then get removed but then comes back when it shouldn't ?

Maybe it is just the same as the other thread linked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 98 (893 Views)

★★ Novice

Also that does sound very similar to my bug. Mine doesn’t occur specifically in spring though it’s happened in the fall, winter, and spring now.

Message 89 of 98 (892 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah it’ll go away after a while and then reappear randomly like say while my sims in her house eating or while she’s at work

Message 90 of 98 (891 Views)