Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

by ja420

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I might have found something:

Did your sim wade? Well, there might be the culprit as this might trigger a hidden buff called buff_OceanSwimming_BaseGame_ReactionTrigger_SuddenChill_Wade which - unlike the non _Wade version - doesn't get removed at all.

Swim -> Sudden Chill trigger -> Sudden Chill buff, trigger gets removed
Wade -> Sudden Chill (Wade) trigger -> Sudden Chill buff, trigger stays (game attempts to remove normal trigger)

Message 71 of 98 (1,436 Views)

★★ Guide

You’re onto something there. That is what happened to my Sim after he opened a restaurant in Sulani. He was wading and now he catches sudden chill. I use UI Extensions so I usually kick it out. So far no other Sims have experienced this. I visited Sulani from multiple worlds the only one to experience this is Lucas. 

@SimGuruNick hope that save file was useful. 

Message 72 of 98 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sim is constantly getting sudden chill ever since she visited Sulani, it's quick annoying and constant. Even if the heatings on and every fireplace she still gets this sudden chill Disappointed

Message 73 of 98 (1,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I keep having this issue too with the Sim I am playing. It just started the other day in the game. I built a Lounge. When I finished I took my sim there and experienced it for the first time. There was a swimming pool on the lot, but my sim had not been swimming. Nor had my sim been swimming anytime recent prior. Now it occurs everywhere in every world. It will go away briefly but comes back after a few moments. My sim usually turns blue and shivers. I can't find a correlation. It is driving me crazy. The only mod I use is the UI extender.

Message 74 of 98 (1,251 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens with one of my saves as well, just noticed it today (8/29/2019) as I haven't played this particular save in a few days. She will get that moodlet and turn blue while she's working on something in her home lot (Caldera Camp), or working in her retail store - nowhere near the water in either case. It happened at least 6 times in maybe 3 hours of gameplay. The Sim does have Child of the Island trait, as one of the other reporters noted.

FWIW, I do not have the Seasons expansion in my game yet.

Message 75 of 98 (1,194 Views)

Sudden Chill Out of Water

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Get Together, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in Fall or Winter, I guess? I don't know, really. It seems random.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim gets a random negative mood buffer saying "Umcomfortable +1; Sudden Chill (From Swimming): A sudden cold spot in the water quickly envelops Kiana, 2 hours".
What do you expect to see? The Sim should not get the moodlet without going in the water.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My character is not in the water and has not been in the water, yet this moodlet has popped up 4 times in the past two (real time) days. I have repaired my game, checked the files, done everything except delete and redownload the whole shebang. It's just really annoying and it comes out of nowhere. She had just started painting when the moodlet popped up once, and another time she was at work. 

Message 76 of 98 (1,111 Views)

★ Expert

I am also having this issue, and my sim has not been swimming, nor wading in water- but they are getting the freezing (turning blue) and negative buff constantly. 

Message 77 of 98 (1,037 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here, my sims live in San Myshuno but went swimming in Sulani when they were toddlers. Now they get the "sudden chill" from swimming even when they're in their apartment in the middle of summer...winter...spring...fall. Doesn't seem to matter. Their mom, who has also gone swimming in the ocean in Sulani, doesn't have the same problem. Only the two girls who went when they were toddlers. Their brother has never been and thus does not get a sudden chill.

Message 78 of 98 (995 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue in one of my saves. The sudden chill buff appears every 5-7 hours (in game). I tried a few things to fix it but nothing seemed to work except disable temperature effects. After I turned off the setting, I played for two days and my sim didn't get the buff.

Message 79 of 98 (923 Views)

★ Guide

I've had this problem except everywhere. They get cold when inside from "freezing weather" or from "finding a chilly spot in the water" even when they weren't swimming or they're inside.

Message 80 of 98 (882 Views)