Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

by ceb6973

Original Post

★★ Guide
@KayleiMarie Interesting you say that. I’m a legacy player so all of my Sims are generational (with the exception of townies) So far it’s only happening with one Sim in my game. I’m going to try another household in a different world and see if it happens there when they visit Sulani. My Sulani families seem unaffected.
Message 61 of 98 (1,254 Views)

Sudden chill

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uncertain...
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets the sudden chill moodlet from swimming, while walking around inside a house.
What do you expect to see? For the moodlet to only occur while swimming
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either the one that came with Island living or the one right after the pack come out, not sure which of the two.

So I have an eight Sim household and only one of them gets the "sudden chill" moodlet while not swimming. They currently live in Sulani at Key Point. It's rather ironic to me that the only one being affected by this is "father winter's baby". Happens multiple times a day (Sims days) while she's just walking around in the house. Have played through three different seasons with this house now, happens every season so far. She is a child now, but she was the only toddler I had "play in the ocean", maybe linked?

Message 62 of 98 (1,238 Views)

Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Do you need more save files?
Message 63 of 98 (1,230 Views)

Re: Sudden chill

★★ Guide

I have two households installed in Sulani. First I played one and then the other as a new game. In the second game, the first household comes to visit the second.
My observation:
In the first household, the father and teen showed the water-induced cold symptoms on land.
In the second household this never came up. But when the first household comes to visit the second, the father of the first household again and again shows this coldness and turns blue for a short time.
It seems to hang together with special Sims.

Message 64 of 98 (1,142 Views)

Re: Sudden chill

Hero (Retired)

Sim born in the game. He'll get this moodlet every time he takes a shower. He stops being blue after 1 minute and basically, apart from having this negative moodlet, he is fine. Nevertheless, it is very annoying.

Message 65 of 98 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this issue ever since I bought Island Living, so I've been doing some testing with it. So far, I have only been testing with a Sim who lives alone in Sulani, so I have no idea if it's true for Sims living in other neighborhoods. 

What happens is this:

During the Spring season, a sim who stays outside for more than a few minutes will get the "Sudden Chill" moodlet--and once they get it, it won't go away...at least not for long. You can get it to expire faster as usual by taking a hot shower, or turning on the heat, but shortly after you're out of the shower, or shortly after warming up, it comes right back again turning your sims skin blue and interrupting any action you try to get them to do by shivering all the time.

I've been testing this out, and my Sim gets the "Sudden Chill" moodlet whenever he's outside for more than a few minutes in the Spring, and it doesn't matter if the temperature is hot or cold, OR if he's wearing winter clothes or not. 

It also happens in ALL neighborhoods for my Sulani-living sim visits, not just on the island. 

Once the sim gets infected with this glitch by staying outside in the spring for a short period, it's there to stay--and will keep returning every few sim-minutes whether they are inside or outside or any other conditions. Once infected, the sudden chill is practically permanent.

However, if you keep the sim INSIDE for all of spring (no matter the weather), you can avoid getting this "Sudden Chill" glitch--although that's a complete pain and ruins gameplay. 

On one occasion, it did seem like my sim got infected with the "Sudden Chill" glitch while inside, however I discovered that it happened because the room he was in didn't have a "ceiling" over part of the room--even though the roof technically covered the whole room (why they decided to eliminate the ability of a roof to protect a room from the environment without "ceiling" tiles placed below it, I'll never know. It makes building a PAIN!).

I'm going to go test with a non-Sulani sim to see if the neighborhood is the issue, or if it's all of spring in all neighborhoods. 

If it is just Sulani-living sims... I mean I've heard that living on a tropical island will thin your blood and make you get cold easier, but this is simply ridiculous! ;-)

Message 66 of 98 (1,105 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ceb6973 So, I've now tested this with a sim living in San Myshuno, and she didn't get "sudden chill" even when I kept her out walking her dog in the cold and rain for hours.

SO, I took her to Sulani, and had her swim at night in cool weather for hours and hours. FINALLY she got a "sudden chill" but it wore off naturally as she got out and warmed up--AND it didn't return after it wore off.

SO, then I created a brand new sim with the child of the island and child of the ocean traits, and moved her into a Sulani house in a different neighborhood than the sim who was experiencing the sudden chill glitch. I kept her outside for hours in the spring (although the temperature was warm not cool) and she DIDN'T experience the glitch.

Hmm. So, then I took her to go visit the lot where the sim experiencing the sudden chill glitch lives. I had my new sim sunbathe outside for hours (in warm temp) and she STILL didn't get the sudden chill glitch.

BUT, then she went inside to try hanging out with the sim (unsuccessfully, since he's a minor celeb). After a while hanging out inside (when the temp had dropped to cool outside) , my new Sulani-dwelling sim FINALLY got a sudden chill.

So, she took a shower and warmed up just fine. But it was late so I took her home. And the sudden chill did NOT come back, even though it was still cold outside.

I still need to do more testing, but I'm starting to think it's either the specific neighborhood (Ohan'ali Town), or lot (the one on the water to the right of the beach, called ?), or even the WINDOWS (this house has the Outside Zinside windows, with the description that says it won't keep out critters--so maybe they won't keep out weather either?).

If it DOES turn out to be the windows, I really hope they fix this issue because I don't want to stop using this window on my tropical houses just because I've got seasons installed...

I'll keep testing until spring ends, but hopefully EA will come up with a fix for this irritating issue ASAP!
Message 67 of 98 (1,093 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm, interesting. My sim experiencing this issue was born in the game (so 2nd generation), but the other two I've tested I created in CAS. So, I guess I'll need to do some testing with other 2nd generations not living in Sulani to see if I get it...

Message 68 of 98 (1,090 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ceb6973 After reading this, I decided to test the CAS-created versus born in-game sims getting this glitch. SO, I decided to play with the family of my original sudden-chill-glitching sim. His parents are CAS created, but he has four siblings born in game (he's a young adult, his siblings are two teens and two children).

I spend some hours in Newcrest (where they live) playing with them outside in chilly weather in the spring. None of them caught a "sudden chill."

SO, the next day they all played hooky to visit their child/brother in Sulani on the lot where I originally found this glitch (Ohan'ali Town), or lot (the one on the water to the right of the beach, called ?).

There's only four days left to spring, so the weather is super hot in Sulani--which resulted in NONE of my visiting sims catching a sudden chill, whether they were CAS created or born in-game.

I thought the test a complete failure, but THEN I noticed that the sim they were visiting (the one who I was playing in Sulani when I first discovered this glitch) was blue and shivering IN THE HOUSE even though it's HOT outside, and there's no air conditioning (or fans running) in the house.

Now, I wasn't keeping tabs on him while his sim-family was visiting, so I have no clue if he went swimming or spent much time outside, but he was inside when he was blue and shivering. And I had his sim-family in the water most of the time, and I didn't see him swimming...

SO, I'm thinking the problem is happening when a sim born in-game lives on Sulani in the spring. Not sure if it's lot-specific or not.

Please fix this ASAP EA Games--it's so frustrating when you sim is constantly chilly!
Message 69 of 98 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All the time to the affected Sim
What is your current game version number? Most recent patch as of August 8th
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gonna be tricky to reproduce for sure because it appears to happen totally randomly. I only have one Sim that gets this and I can't recall if I had switched to another household member on a different lot during the time that she was swimming. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim shivers and turns blue for an extended period of time. The moodlet says Sudden Chill (From Swimming). The moodlet occurs even when a sim is not swimming. 
What do you expect to see? For Sims to not get this moodlet when they haven't been swimming in ages.  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but I tested it without them and it still occurs. 

id this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Started right after IL was released. 

Basically I have a legacy family of 8 household members, 6 Sims and 2 pets. Only one of them, the youngest daughter, gets this random Sudden Chill moodlet. It happens at least a couple times per day. Usually showering or switching to cold weather clothes makes it go away (but yes it is NOT the Seasons "Chilled" moodlet, 100% sure). It started after the family had a swimming day in Sulani at the beach, but like I said above I don't remember if I had switched to another household during this time. They live in Strangerville so I don't believe the bug is connected to living on the island. The affected Sim is a teen now and her traits are Hot Headed and Perfectionist, I believe, though this bug started when she was a child. 

I don't have any other Sims in any households affected by this (that I know of). Honestly I think I'm lucky I got that Sim out of childhood without her being taken away due to being too cold. 

Message 70 of 98 (1,022 Views)