Re: Sim's icon changes features, wider set eyes?!

by crinrict

Original Post

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sim-Portrait are different with tan

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is exactly what happened to my Sim as well. I got a little shock ^^;;
Hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 11 of 30 (1,828 Views)

Sim's icon changes features, wider set eyes?!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure if possible, haven't found the exact cause of it. I have a few mods; default skin and teeth and an arch lightning override, if it's possble on of those has started to act up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Occassionally when the sim get "happy" the emotion icon in the lower left corner and the small sim icon changes facial features.
What do you expect to see? The sim gets the happy moodlet and looks normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living.

It only seems to happen during the "happy" moodlet. It has happened to two sims I've played with. They were both single-households, and the facechanges hasn't happened in bigger households from what I've noticed. There's a chance that it turns into the same face or just similar changes to the facial features. The eyes seem to be further apart an the head seems rounder and perhaps shorter. Skin, hair, facial hair, eyecolour etc. stays the same. It's so freaky! It started after I installed Island Living, so perhaps they're turning into fish people?! XD
The bug dissapears after restarting the game, so it's not game breaking, but really creepy! Is anyone else having this weird bug?

Message 12 of 30 (1,845 Views)

Sims face proportion changing in emotes after tan/burn

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your sims burn or tan and look at their emote due to happy buffs (see screenshots below)
What happens when the bug occurs? So whenever my sims get tanned or burned, their face appearing in the emote next to the buffs has the proportions all weird, this happens to my sims with mods and without.
What do you expect to see? The emote stay the same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

Here are some screenshots with the tan/sunburn and screenshots after I removed the tans. Look at their emote in the bottom left, see how their eyes are bigger?

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 4.29.52 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 4.30.07 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 4.30.54 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 4.31.10 pm.png

Message 13 of 30 (1,825 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Do they have a tan at the time ? Sounds like the issue that tans seems to cause.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 30 (1,817 Views)

Re: Sims face proportion changing in emotes after tan/burn

Hero
@neontigah Merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (1,810 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes they did have a tan!
Message 16 of 30 (1,805 Views)

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Merged our post then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 30 (1,799 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sim-Portrait are different with tan

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could anyone possibly share a save file or video? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 30 (1,725 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick Shared a 3min video with a fresh game from start to finish - sunbathing starts at 2:25. 

You can download my sim from the gallery to reproduce & then also compare your results to the pictures from my previous post (see first page).

Message 19 of 30 (1,716 Views)

★ Apprentice

happened to my sims aswell, not sure if it's connected to the happy moodlets, i'm seeing my sim as disfigured in the relationship panel too

Message 20 of 30 (1,700 Views)