Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Sim-Portrait are different with tan

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the sim tan, then compare portraits. The bug only happens in everyday-wear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim in the portrait has a much thinner nose and bigger eyes after getting a tan. It almost resembles an alien. The portrait changes from outfit to outfit and looks normal for formal wear, but weird for everyday.
What do you expect to see? The portrait should always resemble my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living expansion - or, June 18 patch (don't know which because couldn't tan before Island Living was installed)

Attached is a photo of my sim and a photo of her portrait.  

Message 1 of 30 (7,630 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sim-Portrait are different with tan

★★★ Guide

This seems to be fixed for me with the latest patch (although it wasn't in the notes). Maybe someone else can test/confirm it?

View in thread

Message 22 of 30 (8,557 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Sim-Portrait has thinner nose with tan

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed something similar, if my sim is tanned and in a happy mood, the face is much rounder than usual. Only happens when tanned and specificly very happy. For other emotions the picture seems fine. 

Message 2 of 30 (7,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have something similar after tanning when my sims color changed back to normal the face on the left also changed to somebody that i did not created i was like who is this person Standard smile

Message 3 of 30 (7,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  @coriiiiiiiii me too, but her face sort of enlongates in the middle of the face on mine, "snaps back" after a while to a proper portrait. ill try to screenshot it next time it happens
PortraitBug.png

for me its not tied to getting a tan though i dont think.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 4 of 30 (7,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The issue seems to be a general distortion of the face, not only the nose. It happens with specific moods (for example "happy", "confident"; other moods like "uncomfortable" and "tense" are not affected) and seems only to occur when the sim wears the everyday outfit.

See examples below (the pictures where my sim is tanned and wearing the everyday outfit with the moods happy and confident, are distorted; other pictures are fine):

Portraits.jpg

Edit - Problematic pictures enlarged:

bild.jpg

Message 5 of 30 (7,438 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sim-Portrait has thinner nose with tan

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (7,380 Views)

Big eyes/distorted faces in the lower panel after sunbathing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except Dine Out, all SPs except Spooky, Bowling, Cool Kitchen, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim sunbathe. Confirmed after sunbathing in the nude, unsure about swimwear/current outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's face in the lower left panel/sim icon appears distorted with very large eyes. The face remains as it should on the sim itself, it's only distorted in the panel.
What do you expect to see? The sim's normal face.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except Dine Out, all SPs except Spooky, Bowling, Cool Kitchen, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim sunbathe. Confirmed after sunbathing in the nude, unsure about swimwear/current outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's face in the lower left panel/sim icon appears distorted with very large eyes. The face remains as it should on the sim itself, it's only distorted in the panel.
What do you expect to see? The sim's normal face.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

Message 7 of 30 (7,362 Views)

Re: Big eyes/distorted faces in the lower panel after sunbathing

★★★ Novice

Is there really no one else??? I can add more pics if necessary.  Such a suuuuper weird glitch.

Message 8 of 30 (7,330 Views)

Hero
@bremar13 Going to merge this with the thinner nose one. Seems there's different symptoms to this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (7,302 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Seems like the same distortion issue to me. I guess the symptoms vary depending on which facial features you manipulated most on your sim to make it look unique/different from the average townie. The facial features in the portrait picture seem to revert to some norm.
Maybe most players don't manipulate the facial features much and therefore wouldn't see/notice the difference in the pictures.

@bremar13 Also noted bigger eyes on one of my sims pictures. And in your picture the sim has also a thinner nose like discussed in this thread.
Message 10 of 30 (7,273 Views)