Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Shark/Turtle invisible on lower graphics settings

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, IL OR, SD, JA PPSP, CKSP, RGSP, BYSP, FSP, LDSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Switch off autonomy, cheat to make Sim happy, g o into the water (deep, semi-deep, near snorkelling or diving buoy) on Sulani and wait until the Sim gets a "fin fear" moodlet
What happens when the bug occurs? No sharks are visible anywhere.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a fin or a whole shark, as other users do according to screenshots. Also, sooner or later, something should come and drag the sim under.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After never seeing sharks, I removed ALL CC, went into an old save (but with Sulani's health fully restored), tried it with a townie multiple times on various spots in the water. I had them in the water for 24 up to 72 Sim hours. They got the moodlet several times but no sharks were to be seen and nothing else happened. I'd really like to see sharks. (I also never see any schools of dolphins under water, or any sea turtles) 

In the screenshot, he had the moodlet just then, but all I'm seeing are generic, harmless fish. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [IL] Shark/Turtle invisible on lower graphics settings

Hero
Going to bravely mark this as fixed,

Let me know if anyone still sees this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,316 Views)

All Replies

Re: No sharks visible on Sulani despite fin fear moodlet

Hero
@RhiannonAR Could you post a picture of your ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,681 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Addition: I even tried it again, with ALL my game content removed. Tray, Saves, all emptied. Same difference. They get a moodlet but no sharks can be seen. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,680 Views)

Hero
@RhiannonAR Would be good to know your settings.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,675 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry, didn't see your reply before I posted mine. 

I can't really go higher because my computer isn't strong enough. 

What irritates me and makes me wonder if the two issues are related: when the turtle hatching event was announced, I kept checking the beaches on Mua Pel'am, but nothing showed up anywhere. I have not yet tested this without CC, as it would require me to finish an environmentalist career with another Sim and wait for the event to happen again. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RhiannonAR Just for testing, could you set Objekte/objects to Sehr Hoch Hoch/high

This is just to figure out what's causing them to be invisible. Maybe it's something like the towels.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't have "Sehr hoch", only low, middle and high. Set it to high. Also removed the check at laptop mode. I hope this doesn't fry my computer ;-) 

[CM Edit - Merge posts]

Houston, we have a shark. And turtles in the water. Man, the graphics are so much more amazing like this, but I fear my computer can't handle this long-term. 

It's a shame if the sharks are only available on this setting though. I mean I can see other fish and coral in the water just fine on "medium". Maybe it's something that could be fixed in a next patch? 

Thanks for your help and suggestions, though. Finally a mystery solved. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,659 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,561 Views)

Hero
@RhiannonAR Since they fixed dolphins .. anyone still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,366 Views)

Hero
Going to bravely mark this as fixed,

Let me know if anyone still sees this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,317 Views)