Re: [OPEN] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

by ClockworkNed

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I tried to edit this into my previous post but it didn't work. I've just taken note of all the shells I've gathered in the last five minutes and it is a lot.

First, there was a collection of five conch shells with thirteen other shells all overlapping split into two piles underneath this. 

Then, I had another pile of six overlapping shells and a debris pile just down the beach from this.

And finally, I had another two conch shells and a pile of eight overlapping shells on top of two overlapping debris patches which had four more overlapping shells underneath that. 

Message 11 of 29 (1,304 Views)

★ Guide

This also happens in my game.

But I kind of appreciate it because it saves a lot of time to find shells. Lol

I play vanilla game without mods.

Message 12 of 29 (1,289 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict This post reminds me of one thing about the conch shell.

Sims can only blow it when they see it on the beach.

They can not put it into the inventory directly because that interaction is grayed out.

Should I open another post for this glitch?

Message 13 of 29 (1,285 Views)

Hero
@kinot9229 I've noticed that too and found it odd. Yes, another report would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (1,263 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

★★★★ Apprentice
@catloverplayer yes, I've been having this too. Though I interpreted it more like seashells infinitely spawning in same location once picked up. I picked up like 20 in a row, from the same spot near Ohanali Beach, until I stopped (they kept spawning endlessly)
Message 15 of 29 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We haven't been seeing this one, could anyone possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 29 (1,210 Views)

★ Guide

happens in my game as well, altough I'm a collector so it doesn't bother me

Message 17 of 29 (1,203 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went to pick them up and there was about 20 or so stacked up across the piles. Once they were all gone they eventually started stacking up again in the exact same spot. I put a picture of how the pile looks in my game.

Message 18 of 29 (1,199 Views)

★★ Guide

overlapping seashell save

Here you are!  The ones that do it most for me are the ones in the town area of Sulani, but I've noticed it around my sims home lot as well.  

Message 19 of 29 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting the same problem. The pile in the attached picture had 5 seashells in total, all overlapping each other. It's really handy for farming seashells and getting money quickly, but it's also quite annoying and it just looks stupid.

Message 20 of 29 (1,163 Views)