Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sulani, search about, in the sandy areas in any neighborhood and eventually you'll come up with a ton of seashells overlapping with each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are too many seashells overlapping with each other in the same exact spawning points.
What do you expect to see? Only one sea shell spawning at a time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

06-22-19_8-27-30 PM.png

Sometimes it seems it's only two or so, but there many of the same kind positioned all on top of each other, and different types too. It happens with all the seashell spawners in the game.

While we are at it, for some reason I'm finding it more difficult to get the common shells over the uncommon ones, but that might just be me Tongue out

Message 1 of 29 (2,802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

Hero

Fixed an issue where seashells liked to stack on top of each other. Not sure why these pesky seashells were so insistent.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 29 (2,617 Views)

All Replies

Re: Seashells overlapping with each other

★ Guide

I am having the same issue. If I don’t pick up the shell, the next one spawns on top. There is one spot on the beach that now has four of the conch shells that call a mermaid and multiple layers of other shells underneath. 

Message 2 of 29 (2,753 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sigzy05 Noticed that too. Same applies to the (radioactive?) trash/mud which you have to clean up multiple times before it disappears. Seems like the old issue with the leave piles, that you never could get rid off because there were 100 layers of them.
Message 3 of 29 (2,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me, too! And generally all spawning in the same area.

Additionally, sometimes I don't know if many shells overlapping or if retrieving it doesn't remove it. I will put it in my inventory, but it will still be right there on the floor. I can do it again, and I see a second shell appear in inventory, but the shell is still on the floor. It might be a different bug on top of it, but maybe there's just like 10 superimposing shells.

I'm on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro, posting some screenshots of it below

Message 4 of 29 (2,728 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

★ Apprentice

I have multiples of the cowry shell that sims can blow on spawning all together in a clump but my sim can't pick them up.  Last time I played there were 5 of them.  They seem to be multiplying as time passes.

Message 5 of 29 (2,693 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

Hero
Added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (2,603 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sigzy05 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sulani, search about, in the sandy areas in any neighborhood and eventually you'll come up with a ton of seashells overlapping with each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are too many seashells overlapping with each other in the same exact spawning points.
What do you expect to see? Only one sea shell spawning at a time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

06-22-19_8-27-30 PM.png

Sometimes it seems it's only two or so, but there many of the same kind positioned all on top of each other, and different types too. It happens with all the seashell spawners in the game.

While we are at it, for some reason I'm finding it more difficult to get the common shells over the uncommon ones, but that might just be me Tongue out

I've seen the same issue with shells overlapping as some of the game changers have shown it on YouTube. 

Message 7 of 29 (2,598 Views)

★ Apprentice

My game has been doing this too. There's a pile of shells and I keep picking them up and more appear underneath. There are also always at least three of the large 'rare' conch shells that call mermaids in any one spot.

Message 8 of 29 (2,585 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

★★ Guide

Your sim can pick them up if they "blow the conch shell"- it'll automatically be added to your inventory afterwards.

Message 9 of 29 (2,574 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Seashells overlapping with each other

★ Apprentice

I've been getting this too. Every time I come across shells it's a pile of five at least, quite often more than that. 

Message 10 of 29 (2,507 Views)