Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL]Research Conservation causes many skills to increase rapidly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a sim in the conservationist career with some of the affected skills at least at level 1 ( Fishing, Handiness, Guitar, Comedy, Photography, Logic, and Video Game) 2) Click on a computer and Research Conservation
What happens when the bug occurs? All the affected skills (and possibly more that my Sim doesn't know) begin increasing at a fast pace ( Fishing, Handiness, Guitar, Comedy, Photography, Logic, and Video Game)
What do you expect to see? It seems only Logic should increase?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was originally using MCCC, but I was able to repeat the bug even after I disabled all mods. But I was NOT able to replicate it on a clean save with a blank sim, so I'm not sure what particular trait or skill or effect is causing the issue. I can send my save file directly to a staff member if necessary! 

Message 1 of 19 (3,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL]Research Conservation causes many skills to increase rapidly

Hero

Research Conservation on the computer no longer causes every skill the Sim knows to increase rapidly.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,072 Views)

All Replies

Re: Research Conservation causes many skills to increase rapidly

★ Guide

I have no mods and I have also noticed multiple skills improving while researching. 

Message 2 of 19 (3,150 Views)

Re: Research Conservation causes many skills to increase rapidly

★★ Novice

I was just about to post about this. It is happening to the most recent skills I used before research. I'll cook dinner, eat, then research and if I succeed in logic it will also upgrade the previous skill. My gaming is level 6, the same as my logic, just by it bugging out and leveling up alongside logic. And to make it clear, I've only played games twice. I used the 1k simoleon laptop and always as my work day started at home. i have cc but it was all marked to not load in the game. 

Message 3 of 19 (3,122 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (3,051 Views)

★ Guide

Noticed this morning that other skills were increasing while researching on the computer, they also increase at a faster rate than the logic skill ironically.

Message 5 of 19 (3,033 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me, too. Not that I especially mind, it's mostly just unrealisticStandard smile

Message 6 of 19 (3,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems to only affect my Sims cooking skill. Will always receive a notification that cooking has gone up a level and then the logic skill increase notification will appear a short time later. I have never had any cc or mods installed into my game.

Message 7 of 19 (2,950 Views)

★ Guide

I’m also having this issue in my ga

me.

i play with no mods.

Message 8 of 19 (2,940 Views)

★ Apprentice

Happened to me yesterday; my Sim gained 1 point in Handiness, Logic, and either Charisma or Comedy (can't remember which) in one research session (two went from level 3 to 4, one from 2 to 3).

Message 9 of 19 (2,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No mods. I noticed handiness, piano, hornet cooking, mischief, gardening, singing. Didn’t catch the rest. Logic was only skill highlighted. 

Message 10 of 19 (2,860 Views)