[FIXED] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Patch 1.58.63)

by Talesin23

Original Post

SIM BOTH MERMAID AND SPELLCASTER BUG

★★ Newbie

HI,

So I've stumbled across a weird bug. So my Sim got a kid who is both a mermaid and a spellcaster. Since my Sim has touched water he has had his tail and is swimming around everywhere (see video) - you can't choose the tail, the create a sim menu stays the same as the spellcasters. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Message 21 of 97 (1,497 Views)

Re: SIM BOTH MERMAID AND SPELLCASTER BUG

Champion
@lisetteuda Did you by any chance use mods or cc?
It is a known fact that it is hard to combine more occult traits into one Sim. The spellcaster sim doesn't merge well with any other type of occult sim like aliens or vampires.
There is a thread with some cheating options if you would like to use them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Spellcaster-has-Mermaid-Discovered-trait-never-been....
Hopefully you will be able to use one of these.
Good luck.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 22 of 97 (1,469 Views)

Re: SIM BOTH MERMAID AND SPELLCASTER BUG

Hero
@lisetteuda I merged your post with the current hybrid post.

Hybrids are not supposed to happen and hence a bit buggy.

Best you can do is either to remove the mermaid part or the spellcaster part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 97 (1,446 Views)

Re: Help with Hybrid Vampire-Mermaid Sim bugs on PC

★★★ Novice

My biggest problem with the mermaid/vampire hybrid is that you can't level up the vampire skills, so they just burn in the sun forever :l not very helpful to the mermaid lifestyle

Message 24 of 97 (1,417 Views)

Mermaid/Spellcaster Couple has a hybrid?!

★★ Novice

Sooo... I aged up the oldest of my mermaid/spellcaster couple and when she turned into a teenager, it said she’s officially a spellcaster likes always and she had the spellbook since she was a toddler so lo and behold to my surprise the next sim day, when she’s eating cake and starts to squeal like a dolphin and I see she’s in need of HYDRATION 😳

So I have her go into the bathtub and sure enough, a flipping tail appears (no pun intended) and now she’s stuck like this 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

I have no cc because I’m on PS4 and her CAS shows no way of editing her mermaid form because she’s showing as a spellcaster so any tips would be great!

Her younger twin siblings are showing as her brother as a mermaid and sister as a fellow spellcaster so I’m anxious to see what happens when they age up.. I also just noticed her plumbob is showing her mermaid part as well 🤦🏼‍♀️

Message 25 of 97 (1,432 Views)

A sims vampire and a spellcaster

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? the new when it was the 23 marsh 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work expansion, magic realm, vampire extention, free chrismas expansion, get together expansion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure, check the compose
What happens when the bug occurs? when the boy become a teen he was and a vampire and magician all the need dark energy was still there and thirst but we wasnt able to evolve the vampire one, if we where triying the magic the we where able to use ullimited time on him magic because there was no charge he was abble to do dark meditation, and drink for other. The need was the color of the magic need exept the vampire bottom.
What do you expect to see? i expect him to be a wizard
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I hope the screenshot work. The mother is Eva Capriosia a sim that live in the get togueder familly she had two kid whit Tim Horton a sim that i make, she marry my sim Herman Heff that i make also natuarlly born a wizard. Herman Heff is brother whit Tim Horton his father is a Alien that i let starve to death, He is now a Virtuoso in magic and also beforme he mett her wife that was already a adult vampire before he was born, he is also immortal because he made for himself the potion of immortality. Tim Horton was the first sim in this game save that i made he wasnt at first a vampire also his already married wife Clairedanse Lovepudding, he is now a master vampire. The son Cody Capriossia was born in the vampire bassinet but as the immage of wizard. I hope, I help you to find the glich. (my player name is pettoii)

Message 26 of 97 (1,415 Views)

Re: A sims vampire and a spellcaster

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pettoii

@Anghellic_765 

I merged your post with the current hybrid thread.

All you can really do is revoke one of the occult states.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 97 (1,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah that what im gonna do im gonne give to my sims the vampire cure to it but it's still a bug that i would want to appear beacause he keep wasting my death flower, beacause he so weak and thank you for the merge of the post by the way

Message 28 of 97 (1,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pettoii That's why it has a bug thread. There's just no need for multiple.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 97 (1,339 Views)

My vamp/alien child is broken.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, seasons, get to work, jungle living, parenthood, vampires, moschino, toddler stuff, kids stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a vampire and alien have a child.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child from becoming a toddler will never save its appearance. Will revert to the previous form.
What do you expect to see? All of my cas edits saved correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my mods and cc are not the issue as ive had the same problem when I removed all of them and ive already tested that.  

Now I made a vampire sim (male) and an alien sim ( female and they got pregnant ( the alien did not the vamp).  I was excited as I read theres a 50/50 on it being a vamp or alien.   Well it aged up as an alien and I was excited... But above said problems are happening.  And when you swap forms in cas it shows a transition lile a vamp but on his options when clicked on it shows disguise self.  

I prematurely aged him up to see of that helped but no.  Now from looking it up I see it is an unsupported hybrid.  My sims had woohoo the normal way and tried for baby.  I didnt change anything on my end at all.  Ive done thinga the normal way with my sims and am dissapointed that this couple ive made for each other cannot have children without bugs occurring ( this is my no cheat game save so I can't salvage this unless I go in and physically make a child for them in cas).  Please fix and help me I want my little ridley to be fixed.

Message 30 of 97 (1,318 Views)