[FIXED] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Patch 1.58.63)

by Talesin23

Original Post

Re: Hybrid occult sims buggy?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I want my sims to give up the mermaid..so I bought kelp on aspiration. Is it not helping by eating it? Or do u have other way or cheats that my sims will be spellcaster only like his father. I went to cas which i entered cas.fulleditmode but I also do not know how to change him..lol

Message 91 of 97 (1,017 Views)

I messed with a vampire child's age and now she's getting low thirst moodlets.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a vampire sim and a spell caster sim try for a baby. 2. Have said baby. 3. Eventually age her up into a toddler. 4. Assume she's a spell caster. 5. Eventually age her up into a child sim. 6. Be very confused. Is she a spell caster? Is she a vampire? Or, is she a hybrid? 7. Because you're too confused, age her up to a teenager in CAS ( create-a-sim ). 8. Look at her teenage menu to determine what she is. 9. "Yep, she's a hybrid. Oh no." 10. Go into CAS again and age her down into a child sim. 11. Annoyedly try to remember what outfits you selected for her as a child because the game apparently doesn't recall. Thanks game. 12. Play as the family for a little while. 13. Notice that she, a child vampire-spellcaster hybrid, has the irresistible thirst moodlet. 14. Assume it's because she's part vampire and you messed with her age in CAS. 15. Go online and try to look up if anyone else has experienced your issue. 16. Some people have. 17. Their issues weren't solved. 18. Yay. 19. Look up how to ask questions on the site where everyone asks questions about Sims 4 bugs. 20. Discover that you already have an account. 21. Try to navigate the complicatedness that is technology. 22. Assume that you've found the place where you ask questions about bugs. 23. Fill out the Ask a Question form.
What happens when the bug occurs? My child hybrid sim gets the typical vampire moodlets for being low on thirst. These moodlets get worse with time. They make her uncomfortable too. However, she doesn't have a thirst need. Also, based off of other questions related to my problem, I think it's unrelated to the fact that she's a hybrid. I believe its just because she's a vampire that's age was altered in CAS. P.S. While I was trying to get screenshots, my child sim's body stretched to show her uncomfort with being thirsty.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see her not experiencing these issues. Please bear in mind that I don't know how to do technical things. Not only this, but know that I am NOT willing to get rid of this family I'm playing and would much rather play this bugged-out kiddo as uncomfortable all the time than not play her at all. Also, as far a custom content goes, I have a very small amount of it that only affects clothes worn in CAS. These custom content CAS clothes aren't worn by the family that I'm playing and these mods have been disabled since she was a toddler. Sorry if I'm being a bother.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 92 of 97 (991 Views)

Hybrid spellcaster/vampire perk panel missing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? [University] [GF] [Seasons] [CandD] [CL] [Get Together] [Get to Work] [RoM] [Strangerville] [Jungle Adventure] [Parenthood] [Vampires] [Dine Out] [Spa Day] [Outdoor Retreat] Various Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster and vampire have a baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hybrid children of spellcaster mother and vampire father age up to teen and gain powers and traits of both spellcaster & vampire (needs panel changes to vampire needs; ability to cast spells; etc.) However, only the spellcaster's experience bar & journal button are showing in the needs panel. (It's possible this may also occur as showing only the vampire's stuff, but all 3 of my hybrid children are showing only spellcaster.)
What do you expect to see? The ability to access BOTH the spellcaster skill tree / journal AND the vampire one.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Showing off this bug are triplets Jade, Jasper, and Amethyst, and their little sister Bella, all hybrids. You will notice in the first screenshot that Jade is selected with her plumbob showing the vampire flair thingy and the icon of her needs panel showing the spellcaster needs icon (the icon has been like that since they were toddlers).

Family photo w annotations.jpg

Opening Jade's Needs panel, you can see it is like a vampire's needs panel EXCEPT for the experience bar and journal button are those of a spellcaster's. I didn't think this was a problem until Jade leveled up as a vampire and I went looking for her vampire panel (as I've never played a vampire before) only to find out that it was replaced by the spellcaster's experience and journal. I am unable to access her vampire journal/skill tree. This is the same for Jasper and Amethyst, and Bella also has the traits available to her from both lifestates, but not the experience bars yet since she's a child.

Jade Needs Panel.jpg

I would like a fix that shows BOTH experience panels (one on top of another) so it is possible to play the hybrids.

Additionally, I'm planning on playing with Jade more after she moves out, and I would like to be able to access her vampire panel to get perks that protect her from the sun and other such things. Is there a secondary way to access her vampire perks panel through other means OUTSIDE of the button that's supposed to be in the needs panel? Like through a dialogue window or notification?

EDIT: I got to the dialogue where Jade leveled up as a vampire and I tried clicking the little bat icon shown in the dialogue to see if it would bring me to her vampire perks panel. It brought me to the spellcaster panel.

image.png

Message 93 of 97 (989 Views)

Hybrid complications

★★★ Novice

So, this is a bit of a handful. The sims of my current generation is definitly a mermaid+spellcaster hybrid, maybe a mermaid+spellcaster+ alien hybrid. The reason I say maybe for the alien is because starting with her great great grandfather, even though future her grandparents and one parent ended up with alien skin color, starting with her mom, although the alien skin tone stayed, the alien abilities such as analyze personality are not available. Anyhoo I don't mind hybrids or the unique skin tones in fact I think they are cool. However, there are some glitches I would like to be able to fix preferably without removing the traits. One of them is the fin. As I mentioned she is defintly a mermaid+spellcaster hybrid and I know this cause she can do magic and shows hydration as one of her needs and mermaid abilities. Also once she became a teen, for some time she did have a fin. Now in the cases of her siblings and parent, the fin would stay all times ( which to me seems extra cool) and often change colors. Other times, they would also swim through the floor but that's not so bad. However, in her case, now her fin no longer shows up, and i dont mean as in only the top of her body shows, no her legs are still there, but the only time any signs of fin show up is when she is in the tub, and that fin is actually just her legs turned to the side. When she is swimming, sometimes she swims like a mermaid but other times, she just swims like a regular human when she is supposed to be half mermaid. I dont know why she is unable to produce a fin, but if that issue can be fixed without taking away the mermaid trait, that would be awesome if someone could tell me how. Also, she is only able to wear one outfit and even though when she wears the winter version in the snow and doesnt freeze to death, it still looks odd to me to have a sim walking around in the snow in flippers, and a bikini. Still my main question is about getting her ability to get her fin back. I will go ahead and say i dont have mods. In fact I never knew how to put them on so i have never bothered. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this

Message 94 of 97 (965 Views)

Re: Hybrid complications

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

From what I read so far are Sims with more then one supernatural origin considered as bug / glitch by EA and are not supported. Especial spellcaster should be lost the moment you gain a other origin from what I remember how it was written during the release of the Realm of Magic.

So maybe someone else can help you with this, but most likely only a mod that actual hack the game might be able to fix your issues if anything can help here.

Message 95 of 97 (939 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@arianator3942 As @Schwarzbart00 said, hybrid sims are a glitch and not supposed to happen. I've merged your post into the bug report as hybrids shouldn't happen at all.

There isn't a way to add a tail without the CAS, which you can't use on hybrids because it doesn't save anything.

For her regular outfits, if you have GTW you can purchase a retail store and set up the outfits at the store how you want for your sim and then have her go shopping at the store to replace her outfits.

Message 96 of 97 (926 Views)

Hero

Mermaids and other Occults should no longer be able to make hybrid occults. How were they making them? Oh boy, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to give you the mermaid-birds and spellcaster-bees talk.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Be aware that already existing hybrids will NOT be fixed.

You should however not getting new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 97 (4,123 Views)