Re: sims hygiene decaying rapidly

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: sims hygiene decaying rapidly

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OswinLightwood Hybrids shouldn't really happen. That part would be a bug.

You might want to post here on hybrids: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Spellcster-Mermaid-hybrid-still-happening/m-p/8438...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 97 (862 Views)

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

★★★ Newbie

This is my first post, at least in years, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. My search wasn't fruitful. I have a Sim whose mom is a mermaid, his dad a Magick User, who since he became a teen, has started making the arm gestures and "Eee eee eee" Sounds. He also has mermaid options. After he took a bath, he became half a man. Literally. He has a naked upper torso, and no lower torso or legs at ALL.
He swam like a mermaid part of the time when I put him in the pool to see if he developed a mermaid tail, but while he has all the mermaid options, for while he was in the water his legs appeared wearing flippers and swim shorts. Then he climbed out of the pool and no lower body anymore. I tried to debug, but no dice. Should I just let it go on and hope it fixes itself? I imagine it will be rather awkward for his girlfriend when they "mess around!" 

Message 52 of 97 (844 Views)

Re: black squares and question marks over my sims body?

Hero
@JDravenfan Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Hybrids shouldn't really happen but yet they do, so it's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 97 (811 Views)

Spellcaster Mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Island Living, Pets, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Vampires, Strangerville Stuff Packs: Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try for Baby with a Spellcaster (f or m who can get pregnant) and a Mermaid (male).
What happens when the bug occurs? You produce a spellcaster mermaid with the Hydration need.
What do you expect to see? Spellcaster OR Mermaid baby
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

What I've tried:
Editing clothing in "Plan Outfit" option on dresser
Editing Sim in CAS
Debugging Sim

My spellcaster sim had a bit of an affair with a mermaid sim, when their (second) son was born this happened. The first son had it too, but I deleted him from the family thinking it was a glitch caused by CC I'd installed. I removed ALL CC but when did this again, it happened a second time. Spellcaster sim with the Hydration need and a mermaid form when they enter a body of water. However, his outfit isn't changeable though I have done the "plan outfit" option on the dresser and confirmed it. He's still in that ugly long shorts and diver flippers get up. 
In CAS I cannot edit his mermaid form because it acts as if he doesn't have a mermaid form, that he's just a spellcaster. 

I was under the impression this wasn't possible, but this has happened to me twice now. I do not use CC ever, I installed because it kept getting suggested to me. However the first baby had already been born and had been a toddler for a while prior to me installing WW. When I aged up the Toddler the first time, I noticed he had the "dry scales" thing and I was like "huh?" so I put him in a tub and lo and behold, Mermaid tail. 

Got no clue what's going on but some craziness is happening. Any help to fix this so I can play him as a spellcaster and continue my beautiful man's line would be appreciated.

EDIT by Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 54 of 97 (799 Views)

Re: Spellcaster Mermaid

★★★★★ Pro

Hybrids seem to be pretty common even though they aren't supposed to happen. The best thing to do is remove one of the occult states. You can remove mermaid by eating two pieces of kelp and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Message 55 of 97 (786 Views)

Witch- Mermaid Hybrid Glitch?

★★★★★ Novice

I have an ongoing issue with witch-mermaid hybrid glitches. I thought I could.. breed it out and i'm on generation 3 with the same problem.  When my witch sims enter the water after turning into a teenager their mermaid tail appears- then they are completely glitched afterwards. I only have three outfits - all with fins. CAS doesn't fix it either. No cheats were used to do this.

Can someone help me fix this?

Message 56 of 97 (792 Views)

Re: Witch- Mermaid Hybrid Glitch?

Champion (Retired)

@cjones13 

Hybrids are not supported. You can either eat mermadic kelp to remove the Mermaid form or you can ask a sage to remove spellcaster. Both will fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 97 (761 Views)

Hero
@cjones13 Merged your post with the hybrid master thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 97 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! This definitely worked!!

Message 59 of 97 (705 Views)

Hybrids still an issue

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have and mermaid or spellcaster have a child with any sim that does not match them. So a mermaid with any sim besides a mermaid and a spellcastee with any sim besides a spellcaster.
What happens when the bug occurs? a hybrid sim is created, or a sim with no bottom. Or a sim that can't cast spells, but swims like a mermaid without the ability to have a tail. Or a vampire sim with spellcaster powers. Or a human/alien sim with spellcaster and or mermaid animations ( hybrid sims can pass down the hybrid glitch )
What do you expect to see? I hope to see two sims concieve a child that's one type, not a hybrid glitch. Not once does the game choose one sim type. It always combines them, I'm not sure why.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saw that others have posted about this problem before. But I thought that I'd post to show that it is still a problem.  The problem also persists on clean saves for me.

Message 60 of 97 (705 Views)