Re: Mermaid's not appearing as one. No tail or scales when swimming.

by Serahni

Original Post

Re: Alien mermaid glitch

Hero
@killroyishere Hybrids shouldn't happen and are a bug.

I merged your post with the current hybrid bug thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 97 (909 Views)

★ Novice

I hope I'm not necro-ing a dead discussion.

I had this happen to me, but I can confirm that my glitched mermaid was the result of an alien/mermaid parentage and is, therefore, a "hybrid".  (Despite having no discernible alien features.)  I also believe I further complicated things by using CAS to age her instead of allowing it to occur naturally in the game.  Definitely a lot of help from me in messing up my poor merlien.

That being said, I used the cheat to change her to a normal human and then used the mermaid cheat to turn her back and that appears to have fixed her so far.  There was one awkward moment where her tail was invisible in CAS but selecting another one made it reappear.

Message 42 of 97 (866 Views)

Hero
@Serahni I'm moving your post over to the hybrid thread.

The other was really about game created mermaids that have a trait missing. Not sure if that's still happening on new saves at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 97 (862 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for that, very new here.

That mermaid went on to have a daughter with a vampire who was also a hybrid and way, way more glitched than her mother.  I experienced the swimming through floors issue, and I could not edit her second form because no matter how many times I tried, the game was so stuck on which transformation to choose from that anything I did in CAS never stuck.  She also had Hydration instead of Hygiene in her Needs panel.  In the end, I removed both mermaid and vampire traits with cheats and readded her as a vampire and she seems fine now, but I did upload a version of both of them to the gallery to preserve the chaos.

Message 44 of 97 (808 Views)

Re: Alien mermaid glitch

★★★ Novice

I have alien / spellcasters 

I love that they are hybrids actually and able to perform magic while also visually looking like aliens and able to disguise themselves.

Unfortunately, their appearance changes every time I enter CAS, no matter what I do in alter disguise, plan outfits, or even testingcheats CAS mode ... it goes away immediately after exiting. Their outfits randomize again, Their skin color changes and their features change as well when I ask them to alter disguise and then remove. 

They basically constantly look different!

version 1.62.69.1220

Message 45 of 97 (793 Views)

sims hygiene decaying rapidly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Base: 1.62.67.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and expansions except Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live with a sim for about 24 hours
What happens when the bug occurs? Hygiene is constantly dropping to zero. Usually goes from 100% to 0% in less than 24 sims hours
What do you expect to see? Sims hygiene to decay at the normal rate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi!

I've been having an issue with 2 of my sims. Their hygiene is constantly dropping down to zero within 24 sims hours, to an unrealistic extent. This is happening to 2 out of my 4 sims. The unaffected sims are a female young adult spellcaster, and a male baby spellcaster. The affected are a female young adult mermaid, and a female child spellcaster, if that matters.

They live in an apartment, and they do not have spoiled food or anything in their inventory that could cause a rapid decay like this. I don't seem to have this issue with any of my other households.

Please help if possible!

Message 46 of 97 (904 Views)

Re: sims hygiene decaying rapidly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@OswinLightwood: Since you're using mods, try testing without them (move them to another place on your computer, delete "localthumbcache.package" from the Sims 4 folder in Documents, and Repair your game in Origin before trying again). Don't save the game while testing!

Message 47 of 97 (895 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@OswinLightwood Mermaids aren't even supposed to have Hygiene. I haven't played any mermaids, so I don't know how fast Hydration normally drops, but that might be the mermaid's problem. It's also possible that the female child is a hybrid if the mermaid was one of her parents, so Hydration could be the problem for both of them.
Message 48 of 97 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@OswinLightwood and @Sketch793: Mermaid Hydration does decay at a faster rate, and is By Design (they're fish out of water, so to speak ^_~).

EDIT: Here's the original topic about it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-IL-Hygiene-for-Mermaids-drop-double-the-speed/m-p/87...

Message 49 of 97 (814 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried it without CC, still have the issue. I guess it must be the mermaid issue, however I find it kind of dumb that if the child is a hybrid and her hygiene/hydration needs would decay faster, things such as swimming still wouldn't boost her hygiene like it does for a mermaid :\.

Thanks for the help, though!

Message 50 of 97 (792 Views)