Re: Spell caster Mermaid Hybrid

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Occult Children of Mermaid and Vampire Bug

Hero
@Lrck282 Hybrids shouldn't happen. I merged your post with the current post on hybrids.

Were they born before or after Patch 1.58 (Nov 2019) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 97 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@CGrant56 Thank you so so much for the advice. I am going to try the mermaidic kelp trick, and if that doesn't work then I guess I will just delete the sims. I was also aware that mermaids do not have dark forms, I went into CAS and it had the dark smoke like vampires do when they turn into their dark forms, so I assumed that. I even tried to age them up in CAS and when I did it seemed to get rid of the problem; however, the problem came back while returning to the play mode.

EDIT: @crinrict They were born after Patch 1.58.

(Merged post) - Atic 

Message 12 of 97 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@Lrck282 Could you upload the bugged Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 97 (1,288 Views)

Re: [IL] New mermaid have no tail or is wearing clothes over tail

★★ Novice

I have a number of problems with my merkids... Both male, one has never had a tail and only distorted feet in the bath, and does not even have the mermaid  swimming motion in the sea, but does have a hydration bar, the other again male did have a tail and it was working well, until he got out of the water and was swimming around the house, reset sim and now he does not have a tail, nor can I change his outfit he is stuck in swimming trunks. Have gont into CAS but but this has not worked.... 

The mermaids are witches as well, from witch mum and mermaid dad. I don't know if this is why, they can both perform magic.

I Have all available game packs except Jungle adventure, moshino, bowling, spooky. I am sorry I don't know where to find my version number. But I have just downloaded the January budy patches and it has sorted out my previous issue of time speeding up. 

Message 14 of 97 (1,247 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Past Patch 1.58.63)

★★ Novice
@Talesin23 Exactly the same and now you have listed it happened after the first swim as a mermaid.
Message 15 of 97 (1,248 Views)

Re: [IL] New mermaid have no tail or is wearing clothes over tail

Hero
@LollyEthers Moving this to the hybrid thread as it's related to them being hybrids.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 97 (1,225 Views)

Mermaid / Vampire bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, dine out, outdoor retreat, vampires, backyard, cool kitchen, laundry day, movie hangout, romantic garden, spooky, tiny living and toddler.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid and vampire have a child and age to teen, go swimming.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teen is both vampire and mermaid with thirst and hydration, after swimming the mermaid tail does not go away and teen swims on land.
What do you expect to see? The teen to be just a vampire or just mermaid, no mix.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Mermaid clips through ground and houses a lot and looks like they're still swimming

Message 17 of 97 (1,219 Views)

Re: Mermaid / Vampire bug

Hero
@Subster9 Merged you post with the current hybrid bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 97 (1,187 Views)

Spell caster Mermaid Hybrid

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don’t know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, realm of magic, get to work, get together, spa day, pets, vampires, tiny living, laundry day, vintage glamour, outdoor adventure, jungle adventure, city living, I might be forgetting some.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a teen spellcaster and mermaid hybrid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims pics don’t show up and is in random clothes in cas and invisible during gameplay.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim in the outfits I chose for her.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! So I’m doing the legacy challenge and I recently got the realm of magic pack. I had a mermaid sim and a spell caster sim and they had a baby girl. I found out you can’t have hybrids so I thought she would be one or the other. She grew up as a spell caster but when she became a teen, I realized she has hydration rather than hygiene. I put her in a tub and  she had a tail. After that I made her go to the magic realm and her picture wouldn’t show up and she became invisible. So I brought her back home and when into cas. All of her outfits changed to random clothes that I didn’t pick. So I put them all back to how they were and left cas. Then she still has on random clothes with a mermaid tail. When we I go back into cas she’ll have all these weird outfits and I can’t change her back. I don’t know what to do!!

Message 19 of 97 (1,185 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Spell caster Mermaid Hybrid

Hero
@TuwTow I merged your post with existing thread on this. Hybrids shouldn't happen and are a bug.

Only thing you can do is to either eat kelp twice to remove the mermaid or remove the spellcaster for them to be normal

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 97 (1,156 Views)