Re: Children of Mermaid and Caster bugs out

by Talesin23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Patch 1.58.63)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? [GTW], [GT],[CL],[S],[GF],[IL],[SD],[JA],[SV],[ROM]
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had one 2nd gen male, born by two spellcasters so he was a spellcaster himself with weak bloodline, marry a normal sim (generated by the game) who i turned into a mermaid. They then had children the normal way. It takes full effect as soon as the children reaches teen stage.
What happens when the bug occurs? So so many things. 1) Children will lose hygiene drastically, meaning usually by the time they return from school it has bottomed out. (could be intentional as children of mermaid though) 2) When becoming teens they become spellcasters, but when you enter water, they will get a tail, this tail will not dissapear when going out of water. 3) The sim will then continue to swim through the ground and floor as they move. 4) You can not change them back or change outfit. 5) Going into the sim editor allows you to change their human outfit normally, however it will not recognize the sim as either spellcaster nor mermaid. Thus you can not change any mermaid form. 6) Any changes in the editor will have no affect on the sim in the game as it will still be stuck how it was when it was in the water.
What do you expect to see? None of this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically it seems the game can't choose between caster and mermaid when the child is born, so it becomes both which breaks the game.

However, i managed to fix it by having the teen eat mermadic kelp twice, thus removing the mermaid part.

Afterwards they became normal and the editor recognized them as caster unlike when they were bugged.
They could not get the kelp buff again though, but i presume thats intentional for spellcasters.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 97 (5,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hybrid complications

Hero

Mermaids and other Occults should no longer be able to make hybrid occults. How were they making them? Oh boy, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to give you the mermaid-birds and spellcaster-bees talk.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Be aware that already existing hybrids will NOT be fixed.

You should however not getting new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 97 of 97 (4,120 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Talesin23 Was the baby born before or after the latest patch ? if born after, did the pregnancy start before ?

Hybrids are a bug which was fixed in the latest patch but if you have them, they will still be bugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 97 (5,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yea blending the mermaid and spell casters was a no go. Well technically all mermaid hybrids have visual glitches. There's something about that tail thing, I had a mermaid vampire completely loose the bottom half of his body, and this was produced through breeding.

Alien/Vampire - the second form can sometimes be overwritten, deleted, or the ui becomes so broken it becomes unmanageable.

Mixing anything with the bonehilda (only through cheats) could end up with a sim that no longer can build relationships and is subject to being summoned by the relic and possibly stuck in there like a genie, and eventually deleted from the game files. 

Vampire/Spellcaster - well obviously you can only access one of the skill trees. I think this one is only accessible through cheats, they only obtain one life state in breeding from what i have tested.

I'm sure there are some other mixtures that I left out but it would be nice if they could address the preexisting sims that are affected lol. I mean I also have a pure mermaid who has the visual glitch (permanent mermaid state) and has lost her ability to swim fast as well. I guess I'll have to start over.

Message 3 of 97 (5,331 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have 2 children, the first is from last weekend, so its before patch, the second was born yesterday, so its after the patch. (And yes she became pregnant after the patch.)
And there was no difference between them as i tested both.

Message 4 of 97 (5,320 Views)

Hero
@Talesin23 Sad to hear it's still happening. The bugging out isn't really the issue as they shouldn't happen in the first place. They should either be spellcasters or mermaids but not both.

If anyone wants to test other combinations, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 97 (5,310 Views)

Double occult sims after latest patch

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventures, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, kids rooms stuff, movie hangout stuff, cool kitchen stuff and perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have mermaid*alien babies
What happens when the bug occurs? My alien and mermaid sim had 5 kids after the latest patch, all five are both alien and mermaid. All kids have full alien appearance (blue like their mother) and have disguises once they grow to toddler, when they grow from toddler to child the needs icon changes to the mermaid icon, when they grow from child to teen hygiene changes to hydration. In CAS toddlers&children in their non disguised form are completely invisible from the neck down, eventhough they have normal appearances in game. Teens are invisible from the waist down in CAS (not sure about adults, I had them move out already).They also have the mermaid water animation when changing from disguised to non-disguised form in CAS. Once I was able to change a teens mermaid form in CAS, but whatever I tried i have had no acces to mermaid form since. Teens & adults are invisible from the waist down while swimming, they do swim like mermaids, in bathtubs they do have legs, but they are strangely bent like the mermaid tail hanging out. When clicked they all have both alien and mermaid actions, like "mermaid..." and "alter disguise" The 2 occult sims also do the weird mermaid/dolphin chattering thing.
What do you expect to see? Children of alien*mermaid should be either alien or mermaid (or none).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ai-kQ1kiIamZ4BPtkmvT-MMg8JU3_M-l?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 97 (5,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Past Patch 1.58.63)

★★★ Guide

@Talesin23 wrote:

3) The sim will then continue to swim through the ground and floor as they move.

I think this is a glitch related to stilt foundations on water, and not isolated to mermaid children.

I had this happen with a completely normal sim. Although her sister has become a mermaid, they were both created as normal "human" sims. Only they live in a stilt house where a large part of the house is on the water (it's the original house just left of the centre that I've altered very slightly).

I've also only seen this happen once and have found no way to replicate it.

Message 7 of 97 (5,236 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [ROM] [GTW] Hybirds (Past Patch 1.58.63)

★★★ Novice

Confirming this is still happening as of December 29th 2019. Just happened to me with my mer/spellcaster babies.

Message 8 of 97 (5,135 Views)

The Sims 4 Occult Children of Mermaid and Vampire Bug

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Expansion packs I have are Island Living, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, and Discover University. The Game packs I have are Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, and Dine Out. The stuff packs I have are Laundry Day, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go into your game normally, as if you were to play a family, and look at one of the sims, as well as their needs tab. However, my children sims were bred between a Vampire and a Mermaid, and they are the ones having the issues.
What happens when the bug occurs? When this bug occurs, the children that were bred from a Vampire and a Mermaid were acting up for me. Now I know it's not possible for hybrid sims; however, it says both of the children, one male and one female, are mermaids. When I go into CAS, it shows them with a dark form, which only occurs with vampires. Both children, have been stuck in their dark forms and I cannot get them out of it. Also, I am not able to change their outfits, because they are stuck as well. This wasn't a huge deal with the male child, but my female child just aged up from a toddler and she has a different problem. She was normal when she aged up, so I went into CAS to change her outfits. When I got done changing them, I went back into the mode to play, and none of my outfits were saved. She was also shown with no legs, just her torso and up were showing. I've tried repairing my game through origin, and restarting the game multiple times, and this issue still isn't fixed. Please help!!
What do you expect to see? I want my sims to return to their normal modes, without a dark mode, and I want my female sim to have legs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

I also was questioning why there was a dark form on my child sims, because normally it doesn't activate until they turn into teenagers.

Message 9 of 97 (5,128 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Occult Children of Mermaid and Vampire Bug

Hero

@Lrck282  There shouldn't be a dark form for a mermaid, even if one of his/her parents is a vampire.  Such a child should be either a full mermaid or a full vampire.  Mermaids do have a 2nd form in CAS so you can edit both their human form and their mermaid form.  How it's done is very similar to a vampire so just to be sure, when you mouse over the portrait at the bottom in CAS and get the little choice thing where you can copy the human form to the occult form, does it say dark form or something else?

It does sound like you have a problem though.  So have you tried having the children eat mermadic kelp?  They'll need to eat 2 one right after the other if you don't already know that.  That should change them back to just a human.  If it does work, then have them eat 1 mermadic kelp to become a mermaid again and see if the problem goes away.  If it doesn't work, then there is another thing that you can do if you have MCCC.  There are options to force a change to a sim so that they can become any of the occults as well as to do the opposite and turn an occult into a human.  I'm not sure if either of the things I have mentions will work on children though.

I had a very similar problem with an alien/vampire hybrid way back when not too long after Vampires came out.  As it ended up, I finally had to delete the sim since it was causing all kinds of problems in my game.  That problem was fixed in a patch later on.  

Message 10 of 97 (5,095 Views)