Re: House party issue - Island Living lot

by rjssim

Original Post

Social Events in Sulani

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get To Work Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat My First Pet Stuff Laundry Day Stuff Toddler Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Host a social event while living in Sulani. I've tested Kava parties and house parties.
What happens when the bug occurs? The only sims that show up are the sims that live in sulani.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see every sim I've invited to show up to the social event I'm throwing whether they live in sulani or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've hosted multiple social events while living in sulani and only 2 or 3 sims show up. I've maxed the amount of invites I could send. The only sims that show up are the ones who live in sulani. I've hosted multiple Kava parties and house parties and i only get two or three sims showing up when I've invited the max amount of sims. If this is only a sulani thing I'm hoping this gets fixed In the future so my sim can have her sim friends over and not just the sims that live in sulani.. 

Message 31 of 60 (2,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Out-of-world invited NPCs leave lot in Sulani/don't show up

★★ Novice
@crinrictrjssim I have it too, except in reverse. No matter what save I play (clean or old one) I can't get Sims to visit my Sulani living Sim. Doesn't matter if it's a date, party or just simple invite. I get a notification that so and so will arrive soon and they never do. I did it normal way and I tried it through a mod that ought to summon Sim to a lot but no matter what I do unless the Sim I want to met actually happens to pass by my lot I can't get them to come to my house.
Message 32 of 60 (1,961 Views)

House party issue - Island Living lot

★★★★★ Newbie

I've moved my Sim family into a house in Sulani (I think it's called Journey's End) and every time I throw any type of party at my house, none of the guests turn up.

Everyone shows up when I do 'Invite Sims to Current Lot' though.

Anyone else had this problem?

Message 33 of 60 (1,934 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Out-of-world invited NPCs leave lot in Sulani/don't show up

★★ Novice

Sadly her "fix" doesn't work for me. I downloaded a wedding lot from the Gallery, and placed it across from the empty 50x50 in Lani St. Taz. I scheduled a wedding there. All of the guests are not living in Sulani. Even with her fix installed guests leave immediately and never return when the wedding starts. I even tried it with all my other mods removed, on a clean save. Same issue. Really sad that a brand new DLC they charged $40 for isn't working right out the gate. I guess testing games is a thing of the past. Now it's just force it out, bugs be damned, and still profit.

Message 34 of 60 (1,917 Views)

Hero

HI @olliembx 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 60 (1,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure if the same issue: I build up a love relationship with a Sulani but I can't invite him to a Date outside of the Sulani map and when he invite me to some meeting outside of Sulani he vanish right after I appear at the meeting point. My Sim is also living on Sulani.

I use no Mods and have all official content except Luxus Party Accessories and Waschtag Accessories installed. (Despite be German my Game Language is set to English but the Origin Store is set to German so I can only give the German names of the 2 packs I didn't get me.)

Message 36 of 60 (1,898 Views)

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 Probably is related. It's fine to post in here for now. Should this bug get fixed but you're still having issues, it's early enough to create it's own thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 60 (1,887 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Schwarzbart00  I tested your issue with several Sims from Sulani and found that in my game there is at least a 50:50 chance that they stay. Perhaps the vanishing Sims have a job? My Sulani date who disappeared after inviting my Sim was a barkeeper in a lounge, perhaps he had no time Standard smile.

Message 38 of 60 (1,879 Views)

★ Guide

@Schwarzbart00 Even the ones without jobs vanish. I tested it by making sure the sim didn't have a job. However, when I moved the sim to a Sulani location all works fine. Also, there was one lot that I tested that worked fine with visiting sims and they didn't leave.

Message 39 of 60 (1,829 Views)

[IL] No Guests at Kava Parties

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every EP, GP, & SP owned & installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throw a Kava party in Sulani, try to invite guests, and no guests show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I throw a Kava Party in Sulani, no guests show up, though they were invited.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see guests show up to the Kava Party. All the guests invited have relatively high friendship scores with Sims in the household, so that shouldn't be the reason they aren't showing up. Also, guests still show up to other types of social events (like Black & White parties, House parties, Costume parties, etc.). Just not to Kava parties.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug is making it next to impossible to get gold at a Kava Party.

EDIT: Turns out guests who live in Sulani will show up, but Sims from other neighborhoods will not.

Message 40 of 60 (1,869 Views)