Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Out-of-world invited NPCs leave lot in Sulani/don't show up

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 152.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use your sim and invite another sim and go to Sand Bar etc in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am playing as my sim, I invite another sim to come with me, and we go to the Sand Bar, Sand Simoleon Beach, etc and the invited sim either disappears shortly or walks away until they leave the lot. It happens every time, and it only happens in Sulani at these beach and bar lots. It may also be happening in other lots in Sulani, I have only tested the bar and beach lots.
What do you expect to see? Invited sims to stay with your sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

UPDATE:

The issue seems to be happening when inviting sims from different households and worlds other than Sulani. Everything works fine when inviting sims from the same household or inviting sims from different households who live in Sulani.

TO TEST BUG:

1. Play as a sim not living in Sulani.
2. Go to world travel and select Sand Bar in Sulani
3. Choose a sim that is not in your household and who doesn't live in Sulani
4. Go to the destination and the sim will either vanish or walk across the map and leave the lot

Video showing error:

Message 1 of 60 (4,767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Out-of-world invited NPCs leave lot in Sulani/don't show up

Hero

NPC Sims from other worlds can now successfully travel with your Sim to Sulani, instead of vanishing before arrival.
  • NPC Sims from other dimensions still disappear prior to arriving.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 60 (4,665 Views)

All Replies

Re: Invited Sim Always Leaves In Bar and Beach Lots in Sulani

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rjssim Does that only happen in Sulani for you ? Cause this doesn't' sound like a new issue and there and was reported for other worlds.

Basically this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Invites-to-social-events-from-NPC-s-End-Within/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 60 (4,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @crinrict. I just went to the 8 Bells in StrangeVille, and I also went to the Blue Velvet and all was fine. It seems to only be happening in Sulani for me.

EDIT: I also tested the Rattlesnake, South Square Coffee, and the Old Quarter Inn and everything is okay in those places.

Message 3 of 60 (4,680 Views)

Hero
@rjssim Did you invite the same people ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (4,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I have tried different sims: friends, romance, and just random other sims. I would also like to note that this is not a social event. This is just inviting sims to a specific lot via world travel or the phone. I haven't tried a social event yet.

EDIT: Just tested a social event and they seem to work for me, so it's just the Sulani issue.

Message 5 of 60 (4,666 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@rjssim Could you test the same things ? Sometimes it has to do with their job hours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (4,646 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I started a new game with a new sim and talked to a random jogger, and when going to Sulani the same results happen. The jogger just disappears when we go to the lot. This was during the day. The other tests were during the night.

Message 7 of 60 (4,643 Views)

Hero

For me everyone stayed fine

Treffen.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 60 (4,633 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I wonder why it's not working for me. I am uploading the video now to show what's going on in my game. It's happening every time.

Message 9 of 60 (4,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Here is the video of the error.

Message 10 of 60 (4,624 Views)