[FIXED] [IL] Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar (missing trait)

by HeroicJay

Original Post

Re: Mermaid's not appearing as one. No tail or scales when swimming.

★★ Guide

just had this myself with one of my played sims, I reset her and then have her take a bath in the tub (the tail showed), I don't know  which one of those actions fixed it but after that I send her into the ocean and she turned into her mermaid form again.

Message 51 of 66 (1,524 Views)

Hero
@VeijariStarling There's this known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mermaids-have-no-tail-no-hydration-bar-missing/...

Did you create them yourself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 66 (1,502 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We're having trouble figuring this one out, can anyone else possibly share a save file with us?

Were you using any cheats or mods?

Thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 53 of 66 (1,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Currently having this issue also, using just MCCC to be able to create a trait log. It's that same  <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE'> missing.

These are now-adult mermaid children of an in-game mermaid. In CAS their mermaid forms have no lower halves, and they will not bath correctly as in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mer-Child-Sims-can-t-get-into-baths-normally/m-....

Also, I don't know if it's related but only two of the three children have the fish symbol for their needs, and all of them have hygiene as normal instead of hydration.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmIPAGbIe7Qg1l4A8ba228jcqQt?e=CGGaV2 here you go @SimGuruNick @crinrict 

Side note, I tried a folder refresh & game repair and all that good stuff.

Second side note, they can call the dolphin and change the weather and all that stuff.

Third side note, I gave one of the adult mer-children (not in the save upload, in further testing) a tail manually in CAS and so she shows up correctly in CAS - but the bathing problem persists and she remains human in water.

I'm more active on twitter (also velvetmews) if you've more questions

Message 54 of 66 (1,384 Views)

Re: Randomly-generated mermaids have incorrect trait

★ Guide
@crinrict I've been playing the Runaway Teen challenge with a kid in Sulani, and his girlfriend is a randomly generated (I think) teen townie named Pania Misipeka. I took her into cas.fulleditmode to change her awful clothing and discovered she was a mermaid. I never saw her swim with a tail but my sim never asked her if she was a mermaid so I wasn't concerned. But later, I found that she was a homeless sim, so I put her in a house with a family, set all their relationships, had a mother, grandmother and little sister who were also mermaids (father was not). Then I played them for a while to get them going as a family before I mark them as unplayed again...
That's when I realized Pania no longer had a hydration bar, and she didn't transform in the bath, even though all her other family members do. Played her for a couple days, saved, quit, reloaded a couple times to see if her mermaid form would come back. It didn't. Went looking for answers, found this thread. I just did Traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE on her and voila! She's got a hydration bar and her tail came out when she took a bath and went swimming. Thank all of you who figured out this fix. You guys rawk! Standard smile
Message 55 of 66 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've recently experienced this. I do have mods in my game but I've taken those out and tried with only MCCC (recommended by Deaderpool's Discord folks). Unfortunately the issue is still occurring Frown.

Message 56 of 66 (1,225 Views)

Hero
@Evil_Mantis14 Does the Sim have no hydration bar at all or is it just a missing tail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 66 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict She didn't have a hydration bar or a tail but cheat the trait in seems to have worked for now.
Message 58 of 66 (1,181 Views)

Hero
@Evil_Mantis14 Do you still have a backup from before you added it you could share with @SimGuruNick as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 66 (1,174 Views)

Mermaid without tails

★★★★ Novice

All my NPC mermaids are all missing ther tails. 

I have a lot of half mermaids swimming around.

BeraSim

Message 60 of 66 (1,146 Views)