[FIXED] [IL] Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar (missing trait)

by HeroicJay

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar (missing trait)

Hero
@ajduckie Really ? That's interesting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 66 (1,588 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah! I think the issues may be linked? You're probably more familiar with the details on both issues than I am though, as I haven't read through all of the posts on each thread.

Message 42 of 66 (1,582 Views)

Re: Mermaid Sim does not transform in water, and bathes sideways

★★★★ Novice

Thank you that did fix it. Standard smile

Message 43 of 66 (1,574 Views)

Hero
@ajduckie It could be. I didn't really look into the tub one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 66 (1,564 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello. 

Is anyone willing to share a save that has this issue?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the save. 

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 45 of 66 (1,532 Views)

Mermaids can‘t get their right needs if they have a birthday by themselves

★★★★★ Novice

(I am sorry, I tried to submit it in bugs report but when I click 'submit' it can't work.  )

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let mermaids they have a birthday by themselves
What happens when the bug occurs? Their needs will be changed to humans' not mermaids' 
What do you expect to see? Mermaids can get their right needs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

YL`_AU5VJ230YX]KOR3I94B.png

Message 46 of 66 (1,526 Views)

Re: Mermaids can‘t get their right needs if they have a birthday by themselves

★★★★★ Novice

there are also a bug that if memaids have a baby with human, their baby who have a really high probability is memaids Frown

Message 47 of 66 (1,510 Views)

Re: Mermaids can‘t get their right needs if they have a birthday by themselves

Hero
@SimsCDR THis has to do with a missing trait. I merged your post existing one.

You can add the trait via cheat: trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 66 (1,479 Views)

Mermaid's not appearing as one. No tail or scales when swimming.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With any mermaid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever a mermaid Sim goes into the water, they have legs. They never have their fins or show traits of being a mermaid. No siren's call or even the little quirk of making the sound when they are on land.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the traits of a mermaid along with the tail/fins them to swim like a mermaid instead of a regular sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's been over a month that I've been having this issue & haven't really seen much of others having this issue & those who were having this issue haven't found a solution to fix the issue. It's really making me not want to play which sucks majorly. 

Message 49 of 66 (1,536 Views)

Re: Mermaid's not appearing as one. No tail or scales when swimming.

★ Apprentice
@VeijariStarling I also noticed I have the same behavior in my game. Some pre-made Sims (like Leila Illes) have a tail, while others (like Oliana Ngata and Lia Hauata) do not. Absolutely no tail while swimming. It's so weird.
Message 50 of 66 (1,521 Views)