Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Mermaids Not Getting Hydration

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every one of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure how to replicate it. It started happening after a while and it's randomly when my sim has been swimming as a mermaid for a long period of time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of swimming like a mermaid, my mermaid swim will swim like a human, just with a tail instead of legs. On top of that, while she's in the water, her hydration will go down anyways. It's like the game is confused on whether she's a human or a mermaid.
What do you expect to see? Hydration continuously increasing while she's in the water, and the swimming animation to match the mermaids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Additionally, when she's in the water it looks blurry/like her fin is 3D and like the water isn't crystal clear. 

Image of Her 3D fin in water 

Message 1 of 31 (4,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids Not Getting Hydration

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

EDIT: Going to mark this as fixed. If anyone still sees it, please speak up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 31 (3,645 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Mermaids Not Getting Hydration

★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this as well. I found that it was a particular lower body (so skirt not feet) CC.  Changed out the part, the animation returned to normal and the hydration returned. 

Originally I thought it was some funky conservation game-play (Which would have been cool).

Message 2 of 31 (4,399 Views)

★★ Novice

how can I fix it

Message 3 of 31 (4,385 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish it were that easy for me, except I don't have any CC on her lower body part. The only CC I use is her makeup. 

Message 4 of 31 (4,366 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with my sim swimming like a human in her mermaid tail, and I have no CC or mods.

Message 5 of 31 (4,331 Views)

Hero

Hi all

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (4,318 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact opposite thing for my Sim, he's not losing any hydration, ever.

Is that because he used the kelp from the rewards store to become a merman ?

Message 7 of 31 (4,277 Views)

Hero
@OoZekhOops Is that on a vanilla game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (4,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict What's vanilla game ? Modless version ? then yes
Message 9 of 31 (4,235 Views)

Hero
@OoZekhOops I see you made another thread with a specific trait causing it.

Could be completely different then. Did you also see it without the forever fresh ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (4,223 Views)