[FIXED] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

by skyemuu

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

★ Guide

oh youre right, i just tested it in my game, had my vampire have some babies and aged them up immediately, they look nothing like him or the mother at all

Message 21 of 91 (3,861 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictskyemuu Same happens in my game, my merpeople are both dark skinned and dark brown/ black hair, baby has become a paler girl with the platinblonde hair. No mods are in my game, no cc skin or anything. I removed everything before the game came oug to avoid issues with tanning and the mermaid eyes. I think its anmoying, I really love to see how genetics turn out.
Message 22 of 91 (3,758 Views)

★★ Novice

Any news ? When it's gonna be fixed ?...

I've stoped playing because of this :'(

Message 23 of 91 (3,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same. Mine sims are dark-skinned, female (mermaid) with orange hair, and male (normal sim) with red. Kid (mermaid) was literally light-skinned blodie with blue eyes, sooo, yeeeaaah...

Sims 4 Screenshot 2019.06.27 - 20.41.32.02.jpg

@Greenylake you don't have to stop :P You can always delate the kid that have wrong genes, and then you can add new one to your family manually, with code "fulleditmode" when you're entering the CAS of the family. Because genetics in CAS are still good.

Message 24 of 91 (3,694 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this with my vampire's son with his mermaid girlfriend--My vampire and his mermaid girlfriend are both fair-skinned and look like they'd literally die under the sun of Sulani (the uh, vampire had, actually but we don't talk about that)

Their child literally turned out to be tanned with brown hair, literally having 0 of the genetic features of any of his parents since he had a whole different face shape, different eyes, nose, chin, even his FOREHEAD was different and my god I barely touch the forehead lmao. It's like she gave birth to a townie ???

I made a new save without any CC or mods, and I ended up with this. My first daughter here looks like your second one, OP
lmao, maybe she's the real twin versus her twin next to her 😂

MermaidGenetics-Glitch02.PNG

Message 25 of 91 (3,665 Views)

★ Guide
@Cmehnt yeah, this issue applies to vampires as well which sucks, any child either a vampire or mermaid has with a human or with each other will not have their parents genetics, it sucks
Message 26 of 91 (3,597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@skyemuu It really does, it makes me not wanna let them breed which sucks since they're fun to play with 😔
Message 27 of 91 (3,542 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone figured out why the genetics still work in CAS but not in live gameplay? If we want a mermaid/part mermaid family we have to use cas.fulleditmode to either modify the current children or use "play with genetics", which doesn't exactly fit with normal gameplay.

Message 28 of 91 (3,533 Views)

★ Guide
@IceyVrost200 CAS works differently than livemode genetics, i guess it could have something to do with the game having to generate new occults in live mode instead of creating them in CAS
Message 29 of 91 (3,519 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@skyemuuAhh ok, seems likely. Ty

Message 30 of 91 (3,508 Views)