Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

by epaor

Original Post

Re: Mermaid babies do not share genetics with their parents

★★★ Novice

Agreed!  So disappointing Frown  The only workarounds I see for now are going into CAS and creating a toddler there, which still works, or turning your mermaid(s) back into human(s) just long enough to have kids.

Message 11 of 91 (2,864 Views)

Re: Children of mermaid and humans don't look anything like their parents.

★★★ Novice

SAME! Every time I enter a different outfit, it changes the previous outfits appearance. 

Message 12 of 91 (2,850 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. My sim married the male mermaid from the island living trailer and they both have the same colored eyes and hair but their daughter had completely different coloring. I also went into cas and aged the child up and she had generic features but similar ones to the ones I started with when I made her mom. The mom had just tanned when she gave birth, could that have anything to do with the issue? I think I also might do a test and make my other sim not a mermaid anymore and see what their next kid looks like. I hope they fix this soon, I really love this expansion!

Message 13 of 91 (2,810 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My dark skinned, dark haired mermaid had a baby with her dark skinned, dark haired husband. Their daughter is very pale with red hair. They are both mermaids. Her first son, with a townie, has her face and Dad's colouring.

Message 14 of 91 (2,807 Views)

★ Guide

Great. Six more months to have it fixed.

Remember how it went with Vampires, people... remember...

Message 15 of 91 (2,795 Views)

★ Guide
@eustacecs did vampires have this issue too when they were released? i dont remember that
Message 16 of 91 (2,790 Views)

★ Guide
@skyemuu , I'll be honest - I can't recall Vampire pack release since I bought it considerably later.
The grain of salt in my comment is from a situation where pre-Get Famous update (November 2018, if I remember correctly) ruined Vampires-specific gameplay to pieces - and it was fixed only partially to date (June 2019).
This issue... doesn't look as impactful on Merfolk gameplay as Vampire pack issues looked.
So unless Merfolk fans will be exceptionally lucky, I'd bet on complete lack of fix for this issue in nearest six... well, let's be optimists, three months.
Message 17 of 91 (2,780 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict me too, my 2 mermaids had a child and when i peeked to see how it would look as an adult i immediatly noticed something very off. i went in and made a child between my 2 mermaids in cas to doubble check that it wasnt some dormant great-grandparents genes making themselvees known (though really none of the features looked like my family line) and none of the generated children looked anywhere close to the natural born baby (but alot closer to a mix of the parents).
Message 18 of 91 (2,743 Views)

★ Guide

Same over here.
All my children are born mid-pale, with brown eyes and most important - BLONDE. Even though father had brown hair, mother black. It also happens in other families. Children are always blonde. I have to make babies manually via CAS...

Message 19 of 91 (2,627 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictskyemuu This seems to be the case with vampires as well. Made my first ever vampire baby with two pale, blue-eyed vamps - and the baby was tan with brown eyes. Will report more later.
Message 20 of 91 (2,624 Views)