Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a mermaid have a baby either with another mermaid or a human sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child gets a townie face, the game seems to pull from the same pool of faces as it seems to be the same ones that come up again and again.
What do you expect to see? That my mermaids are able to pass on their genetics correctly and that their children look like them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

My sim had triplets with her merman husband in my save, I was excited to see the babies but when they were born I immediately noticed something was wrong. I then continued to test it several times, with and without my mods installed and it Always occured unless I turned the father human. This is very upsetting as it basically makes mermaids completely unplayable as anything but single households or in games where you don't want family gameplay. I've attached some pictures below to show what I mean. (Parents + their children. Keep in mind some of these pics were taken before I removed mods but one is after as well)
06-21-19_10-32-36 PM.png
06-22-19_12-05-43 AM.png
Sims 4 Screenshot 2019.06.22 - 00.23.45.45.png

Message 2 of 91 (16,953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

Hero

Mermaids now properly pass along their genetics to the next generation.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

This was also fixed for Console in 1.17

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 81 of 91 (11,204 Views)

All Replies

mermaids do not pass on there genetic

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My mermaids do not pass on there genetics to there offspring (there baby's look very different when born)... No mods or CC;

Edit 1 I am using two female adults one is using "custom gender setting" and is set to "get others pregnant".

Edit 2 I should also note I turn sims i have had for awhile into mermaids.

Message 1 of 91 (16,882 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Mermaids don't keep their genetics

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Razerbone Also merged your post with bug report. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 91 (16,881 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem aswell. my 2 different hetro mer-couples have had several kids, and when they are born the raditional way, they look like a townie. The kids do not look like their parent in any way, shape or form. they only have the mermaid form. When i use the genetics in CAS it works, but not in the gameplay way.
Same couples have tried several times and their kids turn out as townie twins. I have no picutres because i did not think about taking them. 

This is more of a frustrating bug and i hope this will get fixed as soon as possible! Standard smile

Message 4 of 91 (16,647 Views)

Children of mermaid and humans don't look anything like their parents.

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a mermaid have a child with another sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby, once it ages up into a toddler, looks nothing like her parents. It looks as if her features are randomised. She has a different hair colour, skin colour, and facial features altogether.
What do you expect to see? For the child to age up looking like at least one of her parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After updating to the 18 June patch, and installing Island Living.

I also noticed that the tattoos and skin details under the everyday outfit do not automatically appear under the different clothing options (active, formal, etc.).

I'm including the screenshots of the parents, and their daughter.

Message 5 of 91 (16,323 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

★★ Novice

I think this may be related to an issue I have. My children are mermaids, but they don't look like their parents and all the daughters look identical to each other even when they have different fathers.

Message 6 of 91 (16,256 Views)

Mermaid babies do not share genetics with their parents

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except Dine Out, all SPs except Spooky, Bowling, Cook Kitchen, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby with either two mermaid sims or one mermaid sim and one human sim. Same or opposite gender, either way.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby does not have the genetics of their parents. Instead, the face is a random/townie face, and often the same one when tested with multiple sims. The attached image is the townie face I'm often getting (far left; parents on right). Tested with couples of the same and opposite gender, with both sims being mermaids, and with only one sim being a mermaid. No kid shared genetics with parents, though I confirmed that a baby from two human sims does still share genetics.
What do you expect to see? Children share the genetics of their parents.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 7 of 91 (16,037 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

★★★★★ Novice

I just had my first child from a Mermaid mother and a human father and he doesn't look anything like them. He has red hair, light skinned and green eyes. Mother has pink hair, medium skin and blue eyes. Dad is dark skinned with hazel eyes. So no, mermaid genetics aren't working. 

Message 8 of 91 (16,099 Views)

Re: Mermaid babies do not share genetics with their parents

★★★ Novice

I have the same darn problem. I deleted my whole game, and didn't add any of my script mods  and it still occured. It sucks, because I was so excited to have a family of mermaids, but I can't now, because it doesn't feel the same, especially knowing its randomly generated townies.

Message 9 of 91 (15,997 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Mermaid genetics dont work

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 91 (15,931 Views)