Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mer-Child Sims can't get into baths normally

by Jokeg

Original Post

★ Guide

Clicked 'me too'. I experience the exact same issue with the merkids in my game as well. Thanks for creating this topic.

Message 21 of 33 (1,411 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm so happy to see this thread! I've been trying to submit a bug report for this issue myself, but the website kept glitching. Mine are also Mer-child Sims.

Message 22 of 33 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I made a video to illustrate the issue.

Edit: Hmm, the website said the video was uploaded, but I don't see it now.

Second Edit: I uploaded the video to my video gallery. Hopefully that will work.

Message 23 of 33 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Well, here's the screenshot I made. The child is bald because I removed all CC to confirm that wasn't the problem.

And here is the report I attempted to post earlier:

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformMac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? * All expansion and game packs except Realm of Magic * All stuff packs except Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Spooky, and Luxury Party * Holiday Celebration and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a child to take a bath.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of three possibilities: 1. The child will act like the path to the bathtub is blocked. 2. The child will get in the tub and then get right back out. 3. The child will take the bath, but the animation will flip from one side of the tub to the other, so the child seems to be floating through the adjoining wall. I have attached a video and a screenshot for clarification. I tried reversing the bathtub direction in build mode, and then the child looks like they are bathing on the floor. When the child does take a bath, the child no longer gets in the tub the normal way (from the side), but instead gets in from the end.
What do you expect to see? The child walking to the tub, getting in on the correct side, and sitting in the tub while bathing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug occurred shortly after the September patch. I don't know whether the bug is related to that patch or not.

Message 24 of 33 (1,313 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been testing this because in my game with mods (some CC & only MCCC mod installed) I have a teen mermaid that can't use the bathtub - It works perfectly in my vanilla game which has never had mods or CC. Unfortunately I can't test child mermaids in the vanilla game because I can't add one to the household in CAS. But it's a real shame that it's glitching in the MCCC game 

Message 25 of 33 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I, too, am having this issue, I do not have mods in my game and the child (Merchild) sits at right angles to the bath from the plumbing end. I hit the me too, but just thought I would add comment this is current in my game. The adult mersims use it fine, just takes a little while for their tail to appear but mermaid children never sit correctly.

Message 26 of 33 (1,236 Views)

★ Apprentice

same here, I only use 1 mod which is disabled since the recent upgrade

I include my screenshots of my merchildren not taking a bath in the tub but outside of it.

Message 27 of 33 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

I have this too, and now the child mersims have aged up, their mermaid forms have no lower half in CAS (and they still bath weirdly)

No mods/cc and don't know if it's new as never had mermaid children before.

Also, I don't know if it's related but only two of the three children have the fish symbol for their needs, and all of them have hygiene as normal instead of hydration.

Message 28 of 33 (1,190 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Anonymous Yes, same here, my merchildren also have the fish symbol for their needs, and have hygiene as normal instead of hydration.
Message 29 of 33 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this same issue. Couldn’t figure out what was wrong when the child kept having a thought bubble showing the bathtub she was trying to use was in the way of her using that tub. I placed the tub in the middle of a large room to see what the issue was, and that’s when I saw her bathe while laying perpendicular to the tub. I figured it was because she was a merchild, googled, found this thread, and confirmed my suspicions. 

For what it’s worth, showering works fine. Can kids eat merkelp to change them to regular sims? 

Message 30 of 33 (1,106 Views)