[FIXED] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

by ozgodfather

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi oslazul

Thanks for that info I quickly dived into my game to re download the lot I had been using when I had the issue and checked to see if has fireplaces (I know you said chimneys but i cannot see any chimneys on 4 fireplaces like you can with 3) and yes there were fireplaces so i bulldozed the lot and put another lot on there without any fireplaces and played for just over a sim day without issues. Then I downloaded the other lot again with the fireplaces and have been playing for a day and have not yet had a return of the issue as yet but I don't have time to play for extended period of time until later so I will get back to you letting you know more when I test more. 

I cannot believe or understand how chimneys/fireplaces have anything to do with arriving/leaving for NPC's ? could you explain more please as I am now worried about this sort of thing happening in other worlds with lots and fireplaces which i have not had time to check yet. 

Message 21 of 37 (1,454 Views)

★★ Guide

My bad, @sparky1922 is fireplaces! Since Seasons NPCs use the fireplaces to leave a lot. For example: at a Night Club sims arrive, they dance, etc. and after a few hours they go home. They usually use a spot outside the Night Club but sometimes they use the fireplace if you have one at that lot. They move like Father Winter lol. It was not an issue at other worlds. But at Sulani is a big problem at Lani St. Taz Lots. The workaround by now is: do not use fireplaces at Sulani.

Message 22 of 37 (1,459 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi oslazul 

not your bad at all I don't play season 4 as much as the 3 then 2 series and of course in 3 we have an ugly chimney whenever we use/place fireplaces so it confused me a little when you said chimneys and then when I went to check the 4 fireplaces as do not appear to have them lol I just dropped by to say that I have not had as much time today as I wanted to test this thoroughly ay so when I can I will be back to answer you after more fully after further testing when I feel I can give an honest response but heck i still cannot wrap my head around fireplaces and NPC's having anything to do with fireplaces lol 

Spoiler

Message 23 of 37 (1,441 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The beach lot in the Lani St. Taz area almost caused the death of my Sims since they constantly froze in place. I had to rest them every 5 seconds to be able to finally get one of them to be able to travel home, with almost all needs red. Then I could teleport the other one home.

Message 24 of 37 (1,435 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictozgodfather This is also happening to me. I reset my sim but less than 40 seconds they are stuck again. I rest and then try to send them home and they get stuck at the spot they should disappear. The only other workaround is to leave someone at home and if the other sims freeze you can switch controls to the sim at home and then bring everyone else home.
Message 25 of 37 (1,385 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I have that Issue myself in Sulani on the Sand Simeleon Beach (30x40). It happens when a Sim gets on a Floaty. As soon as they hopped on the Floaty everything frezzes. You can send your other Sim to do things but they will stop after a few steps/swimming and nothing will happen. I first thought it might be the Oceanic Paradise LT and tested on the 50x50 with the LT. Turned it into a Beach and then relaxed on a Floaty. No freezing. I also bulldozed the Sand Simeleon Beach Lot but as soon as a Sim gets on the Floaty everyone around is freezing. Only resetting the relaxing Sim gets everyone to move again. Using the Floaty on other Lots works fine. Only this Lot seems to be affected.

Message 26 of 37 (1,355 Views)

Re: Problem in Lani St. Taz, 50x50 lot

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having exactly the same problem on the Caldera Camp lot that I replaced with a library made by me. The issue is happening with and without mods/CC. On my phone atm, but will link specs etc when next on my PC.

Message 27 of 37 (1,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem but only with the Sand Simoleon Beach Lot.  I built my own Beach Lot there and when a mermaid sim got on a float lounger all the sims on that lot were stuck in whatever interaction they were doing.  I moved the lot to the 50x50 lot in Lani St. Taz and it worked just fine.

Message 28 of 37 (1,257 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

★★ Guide
@Kiwistarr I got the exact same problem. Guess we just have to play without pool floats on that lot.
Message 29 of 37 (1,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone checked yet if this problem was fixed with the recent update? The patch notes are pretty short in terms of the known problems found since Island Living came out and I wonder if any of those have been addressed yet like this one. 

Message 30 of 37 (1,161 Views)