by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 freezing on Sand Simolean Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to Sand Simolean Beach. Relax or Sunbathe on a lounge chair or whale raft. This is the only lot that I am having this issue with.
What happens when the bug occurs? Played Sim and all NPC's freeze immediately after sitting on chair or raft. None of the options that should be available on the chair or raft are usable. They show in the action list when chosen but, the Sim cannot move on to complete them. Resetting the SIm does not unstick them. The Sim will move next to the object but still not follow commands. If they are on the whale raft and you reset them they will not have their Mermaid tail. If I save the game and use manage worlds to go back to the active Sim's home, the Sim will not load. I can bring them home if they live with another Sim. The Sim also will not load if I completely exit the game and return.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to continue play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I removed my Mods folder prior to installing Island Living and did not put it back in, I wanted to play vanilla for a while. In addition to reseting my active Sim I have tried the following remedies:

1. Exit game, delete cache files and localthumcache

2. Repair Game

3. Reset Sims 4 folder

4. Play a new game both with and without my saves, tray, screenshots, movies, and options files

5. All of the above together and one at a time

Edit to add that I have tried emptying the inventories of all my sims (i only have 4 in that save) and freezing still occurs.

Message 11 of 37 (1,427 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick I actually sent you a new save file cause the previous one was so glitchy it wouldn't load. Please read my DM, thanks Standard smile 

Message 12 of 37 (1,423 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 37 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have experienced the bug of sims just walking into my sims houses as if they live there and there is no option to ask them to leave but I am also experiencing issues on Sapphire Shores  whenever I place a lot on that area as I also have NCP sims wandering through the house however I have never left my sims living there long enough for the welcome wagon to arrive as well as I am too afraid my house would also be overrun with other sims I cannot ask to leave as well. I have tried 2 houses on that lot so far and experienced the same thing.. 

NPC's wandering through sims house

Message 14 of 37 (1,364 Views)

All Sims keep freezing on public beach lot in Sulani

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Get Together, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the public beach lot in Lani St. Taz in Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? After a few minutes of being on the lot, all Sims present will completely freeze during their actions (e.g. if they were eating, they will sit still while holding the plate but not eat anymore), and doing the 'Reset Object Debug' cheat doesn't work. Trying to do any actions doesn't work, e.g. making your Sim talk to another Sim, they will just stand there and not do anything. Then as soon as you force your Sims to leave the lot, all other Sims will unfreeze and resume their actions.
What do you expect to see? All Sims carrying about their activities normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has only happened on the public beach lot in Lani St. Taz on Sulani, and so far I've only done it when travelling with a group of Sims, not just alone. All my Sims are Mermaids. It has happened both times I visited the beach lot.

I travel in a group with my Sims, then arriving on the lot will get them to do various actions like cooking over the fire, lounging on the beach chair, swimming, etc. After a few minutes, every Sim on the lot, from my own Sims in the group to NPCs visiting the lot, will completely pause whatever they are doing and stay completely still. Any actions have no effect, for example I tried getting my Sim to introduce themselves to an NPC on the lot (who was frozen, standing still) and my Sim walked over to stand in front of the NPC, then they both just stood there silently, not doing anything.

Since I can't get my Sims or any other Sims to do anything, I have to force my Sims to leave the lot, which then somehow makes everything go back to normal and all the frozen NPCs resume their activities. This hasn't happened on any other public lot. I traveled in a group with my Sims to a festival in San Myshuno and everything was normal. So far it has only happened on this one beach lot in Lani St. Taz.

Message 15 of 37 (1,380 Views)

Re: All Sims keep freezing on public beach lot in Sulani

Message 16 of 37 (1,330 Views)

★★ Guide

@sparky1922Are there chimneys in your house? Chimneys at Sulani are working as "arriving-leaving" for NPCs. If you remove them the issue stops. 

Message 17 of 37 (1,334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tried to build on that 50x50 lot. As soon as I selected the lot from map view and clicked on the build icon my entire computer crashed.

I'm a bit reluctant to try again as I've been reading some odd happenings with that lot over on the sims forums.

No mods or cc by the way, and all packs installed.

Message 18 of 37 (1,328 Views)

Re: All Sims keep freezing on public beach lot in Sulani

@samwisescott merged your post with an existing bug post on the issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 19 of 37 (1,313 Views)

Re: All Sims on lot become unresponsive

★★★ Novice

I have also been having this problem, except only when I visit the public beach lot in Sulani (on Lani St. Taz). I travel in a group with my 4 Sim family who are all Mermaids, and a few minutes after arriving, everyone will completely freeze and trying to perform a new action does nothing. Resetting the Sims does nothing either. Everyone is just standing still, not doing anything. The only way I can get it back to normal is by forcing my Sims to leave the lot, then all of a sudden the other Sims will resume their actions.

Message 20 of 37 (1,305 Views)