Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Famous, Get to work, Get Together, Island Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Patio stuff, Movie hangout, Toddler stuff, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sulani, in the neighborhood of Lani St. Taz to the 50x50 lot. I placed a house and family on this lot and played them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims freeze and do not respond to any action. I cancel the action but nothing happens. Sometimes if I pause the game the action will complete but then they immediately freeze and sit there looking around. At some points, pausing does not fix the issue and the red pause outline remains when in play mode. Resetting the sim takes awhile before it takes effect but immediately goes into sims not responding again. I was able to get out of this loop eventually and left the lot. Other lots do not do this. This lot is unplayable to me.
What do you expect to see? The lot to be playable and sims responding.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I will say that the beach lot in this same neighborhood can also be laggy but has not been consistent so I am reporting the lot with the bigger issue of being unplayable. While I was at the beach in this neighborhood my sim become unresponsive while floating and noticed other swimmers in the area were stuck and just floating in the water. I was successfully able to reset my sim and he responded, as well as, the other sims began swimming again. I have noticed others in the forums complaining about this neighborhood so I wanted to make sure I reported my findings here. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 37 (3,033 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

Hero

Sims will no longer get stuck when other Sims are lounging on float loungers.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

This was also fixed for console in 1.17

This should be fixed now. I hope it coveres all the issues mentioned in this thread. If not, please create a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (2,748 Views)

All Replies

Re: Problem in Lani St. Taz, 50x50 lot

Hero
@ozgodfather Did you try several houses on this lot to make sure it's the lot and not the house ? Also different saves and Sims ?

I don't really have time to play test this throughly but my quick test showed no issues.

Could you link some forum threads where you seen reports on this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (2,969 Views)

Re: Problem in Lani St. Taz, 50x50 lot

★★ Apprentice

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961693/game-just-froze#latest- not as much detail

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961692/sapphire-shores-lot-glitching#latest- a few comments about the lot other than the floor glitch

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961437/bugs-anyone-else-experiencing/p2- Anoses commented on the 50x50 lot in this thread

These are the ones I have read so far. I will try placing a different house and family tonight. I also took a video of it last night, but will have to upload later. Thank you @crinrict!!!

Message 3 of 37 (2,958 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

★ Guide

I have problem with stuck floaties on a lot in Lani St. Taz as well. It's a lot named Sandy money beach. I moved that beach to a different lot and built myself a house and my sims are stuck on floaties (also the foundation is glitchy).

Message 4 of 37 (2,951 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If you could share a save file it'd be much appreciated, thanks so much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 37 (2,924 Views)

★ Guide

Sent!

Message 6 of 37 (2,898 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Once I get home I will send you my save as well! Thank you!

Message 7 of 37 (2,889 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Freezing and lags in Lani St. Taz lot

Champion

I have this problem since today, not at the 50x50 lot, but at the smaller premade beach. I was able to play there normally since IL released. The problems started only today after I added more items to the lot: the beach toys kiosk, pirate ship playtower, waterslide, ice cream maker and pool floaties. One occurence was right after a sim used the floatie, the other after using the ice cream maker (but maybe a townie was on the floatie at that time, I didn't pay attention).

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 37 (2,875 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictozgodfather I have the same problem as well as lagging and sims being caught in a action loop. It started when I moved to the beach house in the St taz area and now any lot I move my sim to in sulani. I can't have any sims living there or it causes this problem.
Message 9 of 37 (2,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this same problem going on. For me it's been happening on the pre-made lot Sand Simoleon Beach in St. Lania Taz. I placed pool floats in the water and noticed every time a sim got on a float that sim and other sims in the area froze/stopped moving even though the time kept going forward. When I reset the sim on the float the sims would go back to moving again. I have tested this with and without mods, as well as with a few different save files/sims. Still happens every time. Not sure if there are any other interactions that may also cause this freeze but the pool floats are one of them.

Message 10 of 37 (2,798 Views)