by IslaRoses

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Foundation Stilts multiplying for each room

Hero
Is this still happening ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 13 (162 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict In comment #2 I said: 

"Edit: I have built further on my home now and can also say that when I add a room or do other normal layout actions on the first story sometimes it removes the stilt foundation from a large section of the 1st floor and gives it a regular foundation that I can change back to stilts... Some other areas of stilts look unpatterned and rather like jack-o-lantern teeth."

This is still pretty much what I found when testing today. I'm not seeing a pile-up of stilts, but more a removal of stilts when adding a room, which is also probably not desired by builders normally. 
no stilts.jpggaps.jpg

Personally, I can roll with this is I don't have a lot of rooms - therefore a lot of gaps. And it is far better than having a pile-up of them. It would be nice if the posts would place under a room in the same way they place under the rest of the home.

I just went in and checked Reef Finery. Interestingly they left the cement foundation under the bathroom there (rather than changing to stilts after making the room), and under the bedroom there is a gap with no stilts, yet there are some stilts.

Reef Finery.jpg

SheriGR ☕ –  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 13 (145 Views)

@crinrict 

Yes, @IslaRoses's initial bug report of the game multiplying the stilts under the foundation has been fixed thankfully.

@SheriGR wrote:

I just went in and checked Reef Finery. Interestingly they left the cement foundation under the bathroom there (rather than changing to stilts after making the room), and under the bedroom there is a gap with no stilts, yet there are some stilts.

Reef Finery.jpg

I should imagine they just forgot to apply the stilt foundation to that room when they placed it after building the initial foundation, or left it after adding it as you have to move around the foundation to access it in order to apply the stilt effect.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Origin Reset Tool for Mac - | - Current broken Mods List -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 13 (774 Views)