[FIXED] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

by SimmerHelene

Original Post

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
@Dannyy396I just read it may be related to the new glass floors:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Disappearing-Floor-Glitch/m-p/7967994/highlight/true#M... EDIT: I just tried something in my game and the problem seems to be "solved": I only had to remove a couple of Crystal Clear pieces I had used as a sunroof and then the floors stopped disappearing. I kept the ones I am using on the floor.
Message 21 of 78 (2,038 Views)

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

★★ Novice

I just removed all of the glass floor panes and the floor stopped disappearing! it looks like they're bugged

Message 22 of 78 (2,027 Views)

Re: Disappearing Floor Glitch

Hero
@sszente Merged your post with current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 78 (1,993 Views)

‎Can't place anything on outside foundation.

★★★★ Novice

‎Can't place anything on outside foundation. If you zoom in, you can look through the ground, but you can change flooring.

No CC or mods.

Happens on regular building lots

Tried to upload a video of it, but it won't. upload.

Message 24 of 78 (1,989 Views)

Re: ‎Can't place anything on outside foundation.

★★★★ Novice

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 25 of 78 (1,980 Views)

Champion

@HelianthusYT Can we confirm if this is the same issue you are having? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Glitch-in-outside-flooring-disappearing-in-Wate...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 26 of 78 (1,956 Views)

Re: Disappearing Floor Glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem over here.  When you move the view of the screen the floor completely disappears. I can see the stilts underneath and everything that was placed on the floor remains, but the floor is gone. If I move the cursor or view it comes back, but with flicker back in and out as I move around. It doesn't appear to mess up the functionality of the game (my sim can still walk around and everything) but it's super annoying and a little disconcerting to see your sim floating in mid-air.  

Hope they can get this fixed soon!

Message 27 of 78 (1,962 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Yes! But I noticed yesterday that it even happens indoors, and that my sim can't walk on it.
Message 28 of 78 (1,940 Views)

★★★ Novice

From what I found myself was from using the new glass flooring item that came with Island Living, I have been experiencing this bug. When I removed it, the flooring glitch stopped. I don't know if this is the main problem but it stopped for me.

Message 29 of 78 (1,919 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm it is the Glass Floor panes. I just removed them all and the disappearing floor stopped. Seems like there is a bug in them. Shame....looks like im going back to the clear dance floor until this bug is resolved.

Message 30 of 78 (1,898 Views)