[FIXED] [IL] Conservationist: Mermaids can't Survey ocean wildlife

by Teknikah

Original Post

Re: Why am I unable to survey ocean wildlife as a mermaid?

★ Guide

Weighing in on this one. My mermaid has had the "Survey Ocean Wildlife" task multiple times through level 9 and 10 of her career.

Trying to "Survey Ocean Floor" instead does not work for me. I have attempted it multiple times and it has never completed the task. I had to feed her mermadic kelp and turn her human temporarily just to progress through to level 10 after the task came up for the third day in a row.

Message 31 of 70 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hiya!
My Sim is 100% a mermaid and the survey option isn't available for her at the red buoy Standard smile 

I checked the red buoy at Lani St. Taz and Mua Pel'am

At first I thought the issue was because it was at night, but during daytime, the option wasn't there either.

The game is literally telling you to use the green buoy but it won't let you use it as a mermaidsurvey ocean wildlife 3.png

survey ocean wildlife.png

Message 32 of 70 (1,648 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ladysuncrusher This is not working for me.
Message 33 of 70 (1,624 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Standard smile Yeah I've thought about that too but I had another mermaid who had fitness skill 8 try the interaction and it still doesn't work. I'll try again once she maxes the fitness skill.

Another solution to this is also to simply send the Mermaid to work instead of working from home because then the tasks change once they come back from work.

I hope they fix this with a patch. I don't like that they don't tell you why this is such a taboo subject for mermaids? I mean...why wouldn't they survey ocean wildlife?

Message 34 of 70 (1,567 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Conservationist: Mermaids can't Survey ocean wildlife

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 70 (1,548 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too for two days straight. Couldn't do the daily task either time.

Message 36 of 70 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem, my mermaid sim just received a promotion to marine biologist (level 8 of the conservationist career) and she now has the option to survey the ocean floor at the red buoy!

surveying the ocean floor was a reward for achieving level 8. Hope this helps!

Message 37 of 70 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easy solution, have him/her eat 2 mermaid kelp (turns her/him human) then have them do the task, then have them eat 1 to turn back.  Worked for my sim to complete the task! 😊

Message 38 of 70 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

For a mermaid that's at career level 7 and doesn't have Survey Ocean Floor yet, I've noticed another bug that serves as a workaround. I've found that sleeping in the ocean also completes the "Survey Ocean Wildlife" objective.

Message 39 of 70 (1,375 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My sim is a mermaid and it isn't an option for me... 

Message 40 of 70 (1,365 Views)