[FIXED] [IL] Conservationist: Mermaids can't Survey ocean wildlife

by Teknikah

Original Post

Re: Why am I unable to survey ocean wildlife as a mermaid?

★★ Novice

As far as I can tell that solution doesn't work, thanks for the suggestion though, I've checked every red buoy in every part of the island living world and none of them have the option to survey ocean wildlife, only the green buoys offer the option and mermaids can't interact with green buoys, I guess it's just an oversight....

Message 20 of 70 (2,615 Views)

★★ Novice
@MezzoBlaze I have tried every red buoy in the island living world and none of them offer the option of surveying ocean wildlife, this is only offered at the green buoys, and mermaids cannot interact with the green buoys, I guess it's just an oversight.... A very inconvenient oversight.... Thanks for your suggestion though.
Message 21 of 70 (2,616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah one thing I failed to mention is that my sim was in the level 8 career option, so once you level up once more, you should have the option at red buoys.

Message 22 of 70 (2,613 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MezzoBlaze Just wanted to add to my post: Tested your suggestion with my sim level 8+. Mermaids can do it but it doesn't register for the task discussed in the thread ("surveying ocean wildlife").

Like @Saturn-Sublime said: "surveying ocean floor" is not the same task as "surveying ocean wildlife".

Message 23 of 70 (2,596 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dunno then, it works for me just fine. Everytime I do it it marks the task as complete.

Message 25 of 70 (2,578 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Fellow Simmers, after reading alot on this subject, I concur with MezzoBlaze that your Mermaids can Survey Ocean Floor and it will count towards the daily task of Survey Ocean Wildlife.  I have just completed this by going to a deep dive buoy.

Message 26 of 70 (2,570 Views)

Re: Mermaid unable to survey ocean life? Marine Biologist career.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Mintchiplol Merged your post with bug report.

I'm a bit unsure how they can solved this issue but it's worth to report, me thinks.

ALso merged another post in here.

Seems there's also a Workaround (?) which I marked as solution for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 70 (2,563 Views)

★★ Novice

My mermaid is currently at the RED buoy as you said and the option to survey the ocean floor is not availble. Only to collect sea shells or to freedive...

Message 28 of 70 (2,539 Views)

Hero
@LisiSimss How high is her fitness ? Maybe you need to level her up more. Haven't really have time to try this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 70 (2,530 Views)

★★★ Novice

This doesn't actually count for the wildlife, you're just surveying the ocean floor not the wildlife. I've tried this myself and it doesn't tick the box off unfortunately. 

Message 30 of 70 (2,511 Views)