Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Coconuts can't be placed in the refridgerator

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to place a coconut in the fridge. It is not possible.
What happens when the bug occurs? the coconut switches back in the sim inventory
What do you expect to see? that the coconut is placed in the fridge, so that sims can consume coconuts from fridge for the new recipes coconutcake or lotta cocolata.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Coconut is a new fruit from island living. Coconutcake and lotta cocolata are the new recipes. All other new fruits can be placed in the fridge. The coconut was forgotten.

Coconut will nicht in Kühlschrank.png

Message 1 of 13 (2,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Coconuts can't be placed in the refridgerator

Hero

Sims can now store coconuts away in the fridge. Woot woot!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,171 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Fischreuse

I can't reproduce this error in my game. I can place coconuts in the refrigerator.
Try to fix your game.
Origin/library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game"
Could you check in new save if after fixing a game, this error is gone?

If it will not work try to do a factory reset of the game folder as is described here
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 13 (2,305 Views)

They don't go into the fridge in my game either, was just coming here to do a bug report on it!

Message 3 of 13 (2,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kreatora could you show me a picture of a coconut in the refrigerator? Will the coconut be consumed from refrigerator, when cooking a coconutcake or mixing a lotta cocolata?

Message 4 of 13 (2,289 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Fischreuse

I'm really very sorry but I made a mistake. I was sure that I had coconuts in the fridge. But today, when I wanted to take a picture of it, it turned out that I do not have. So I had to wait until the next harvest of coconuts but when I wanted to put it in the fridge, unfortunately, the same mistake you have suddenly appeared.
So I did everything I recommended to others. In addition, I've tried all the types of refrigerators with a silent hope that I will be able to push this coconut inside. Nobody likes to admit that he made a mistake ...
But unfortunately, I did not succeed. So it can definitely be considered a game bug. Well, unless some genius put this coconut inside the fridge.
Message 5 of 13 (2,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kreatora 

Many thanks for your replay. It's, what I expected, because I thought you could have tried the coconut with the chest or the special tradefridge from get to work. There you can put coconuts in. But thats not fridges for cooking. Sometimes it only looks like placing something in the fridge, but the stuff lays behind or switches back. 

Soon after the Beginnung of Sim 4 I startet regularly repairing, clearing caches, generating new user folder. I know that I have to test these all bevor posting a bug. 

Since starting Sims 4 nearly all bugs I found are game bugs. My PC and Sims 4 is too clean. No Mods, no CC. I'm testing long times and often the different bugs. They often have a similar basic problem: here for example forget to program the coconut like the kava or the pineapple. The revision of the plants was similar. Some career levels are likewise missing something. 

Programing can be a boring work, not creativ, perhaps they have less time or concentracion. They have to write row by row of datas or they make mistakes by copy and paste. Unfortunately has Sims 4 more of these kinds of errors as Sims 3 or Sims 2, so that meanwhile I have some experience.

Message 6 of 13 (2,231 Views)

★ Pro

I guess coconuts are just too big to be put in a regular refrigerator (xml file doesn't list FRIDGE as valid inventory type)

Message 7 of 13 (2,221 Views)

★ Guide

@kusurusu 

I don't understand this hint. Coconuts and Pineapples have a similar size. There is much bigger stuff, that can be placed in a fridge. You can put a coconut in sim inventory, in a chest, in the traders fridge. There the coconut ist not too big?

If the xml file (what ever that may be) of the coconut not list the fridge as valid inventory type, then of cause they forgot to list this programming command. Why should they not be able, to do this?

Message 8 of 13 (2,200 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Coconuts can't be placed in the refridgerator

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (2,150 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Coconuts can't be placed in the refridgerator

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't put mine in the fridge, either, and was also prepared to make a bug report of my own before you did so. I can't see any reason why it would be intentional for us to not be able to put them there.

Message 10 of 13 (2,100 Views)