by thoekstra

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Mac

Language: English

What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  All of them except for Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take odd job mailing coconut. Have Sim travel to Sulani to purchase coconut from beach vending machine. Return to Carpophagous Corners in Strangerville (home lot). Mail coconut to customer from mailbox.

What happens when the bug occurs?  The coconut disappears from inventory. The option to mail the coconut is grayed out. No money is received, and there is no acknowledgement of having completed the task.

What do you expect to see?  A popup acknowledging completion of the task, and money added to the household account.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  I just installed the November 2019 patch, Discover University, Moschino Stuff, and Realm of Magic.

Message 41 of 50 (2,121 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Any job that says Needed By: doesn't work properly.

Message 42 of 50 (2,065 Views)

Re: Chores not working properly

★★★ Novice

Also not working for me. I had three odd jobs that I decided to try to knock out in one go: Beachcombing for trash, catching frogs, and diving for treasure. The counter would not work for any of them and I failed the jobs.

Message 43 of 50 (2,043 Views)

★★ Pro

I've tried multiple odd jobs and I fail every single time even if I do them. Like the seashells, beach combing, catching frogs. I caught three frogs in the waterfall as instructed and not one counted. So I'm stumped and gave up entirely.

Message 44 of 50 (1,988 Views)

★★ Guide

If you travel between getting the job and completing it, it won't work.  Best workaround is to check the job board, and go to the relevant place first, and then take the job.  Alternatively, after travelling, leave the game altogether, though this sometimes can cancel the gig, I've noticed.

Message 45 of 50 (1,954 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you that worked for the seashell job, I also went to build mode and placed a mailbox job completed. 12-04-19_4-48-19 PM.png

Message 46 of 50 (1,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Will have to try this. Might be why it worked to send a coconut but not the shells. My sim already had coconuts in his inventory but traveled to get the shells after selecting the job.

Doesn't explain why the lawn Care job didn't work but moving furniture did. 

Message 47 of 50 (1,824 Views)

★★ Guide

So the issue at its core seems to be travelling between lots, (the dreaded loading screen lol).  If you as the player travelled at all, then the job just won't work, though it is interesting that the rabbithole job didn't complete if you didn't travel.  Unfortunately Frown it seems that travelling is causing a LOT of bugs rn (a less annoying one is that it makes it impossible to complete new years resolutions).

Message 48 of 50 (1,807 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue where Odd Jobs tasks were not able to be completed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 50 (9,977 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for the tip of saving the game and log into my sim again. I had spent the entire day trying to clean the beach with several tries and no trash. Changing lots did not work. Saved and went into world view and back again and this time I could score a piece of trash. Still got a job failure due to the entire day going by but still. It was something.

Message 50 of 50 (1,471 Views)