Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All exept vampire, fitness and moschino stuffpacks
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game do a chore, try to complete it. Verry little times you can complete the chore, If you are able to complete it try the next one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game doesnt detect you have the item for the chore
What do you expect to see? I expect a fix as soon as possible because this is highly annoying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the 5th year aniversery update. Might also have been happening after the new loginscreen etc patch. Havent been playing the sims in between

Some chores in the sims 4 are not working, it looks like chores on the beach, getting shells or clearing trash, or diving for treasure.

For example the one to dive for treasure. You can dive and find a treasure but the game doesnt register that you actually found a treasure. Same as with items like the coconut in inventory if u send them to a client the game doesnt see you actually send the item. When searching for shells the game doesnt detect you actually found them same as for trash

As soon as i restart the game i can finish the chore, but with the next chore the same happens.

Message 1 of 50 (14,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chores not working properly

Hero

Fixed an issue where Odd Jobs tasks were not able to be completed.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 50 (9,682 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thoekstra Are these the only ones or generally all things that require you to have something in your inventory ?

Not sure what task that diving one is ? Is that from a career ? An aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (13,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, i mean the chores when you open the phone and click on work. 

For the one to dive for treasure you need to go to the beach and find a deep spot in the water to dive for treasure.

There are multiple chores not working, most of them seem to be stuck when you needed to go to either of the beaches in Sulani

There are some chores working such as the one with the frog. I was only able to complete the one with the coconut after i closed the game and restared it. I got the coconut at the stand at the beach

Message 3 of 50 (13,914 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thoekstra Oh, the odd jobs.

Let me do some testing.

EDIT: I tested the beach comb one and it took about 7 times beach combing for trash to get the 3 needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 50 (13,910 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know it sometimes takes more then one try, but it sometimes looks like the game doesnt register any found items here. That results in the job not done.

Message 5 of 50 (13,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone have a solution?

Message 6 of 50 (13,822 Views)

Hero
@thoekstra I was able to replicate on several interactions but I can't offer a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 50 (13,810 Views)

★ Guide

Indeed, I remark this after testing sampling on the beach yet: sampling shells in the sand count in the milestone, but nothing appears in the sim inventory. Sampling waste on the beach, first it seams as if only treasures and shell would be counted. But suddenly there is higher numer in the counter.
I can’t say if that first happens with the last update, because before this test I did not look every time, what the sims were sampling on the beach. I didn’t compare if inventory and counter have the same number. That no shell appears in the inventory by the option of sampling shells, but is been counted and that shells appears in inventory by sampling waste is very curious.
I have no mods or cc in the game. I tested in a running game, not a fresh started one.

I have no solution. But equal what the sims are sampling, air, waste, non-seen shells, visible shells, treasures ... after a while they have enough together for the milestone. Perhaps sometime it may no be good to look to directly, what the sims are doing and how they do it - for the own soulpeace. So somtimes I try to think only "Oooohhhmmm" while playing sims 4.

Message 8 of 50 (13,802 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★ Novice

Having same issue here ..# 1 Collect Shells for clients-- not get credit from certain shells  2  paid for beach clean up-- also not working correctly  This is repeatable havent tried other odd jobs yet

Message 9 of 50 (13,765 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★★★ Novice
@BlinkingJoker72 got the same problem,the other jobs like brining food and doing the lawn are working fine
Message 10 of 50 (13,719 Views)