Re: [OPEN] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

by HALO_Project

Original Post

Re: Island Living, Odd Jobs not working properly

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with the new odd jobs system and it's making being a beach bum incredibly frustrating! All of the ASAP jobs work fine, but the jobs that require me to get something never registers even though I complete it over and over again. I think it is related to traveling once you have accepted the odd job because I have only been able to complete a job one time and it was because I never changed lots after accepting it. Please fix!!

Message 21 of 50 (5,436 Views)

Re: Island Living, Odd Jobs not working properly

★★★★★ Guide

I also cannot complete any odd jobs involving Sulani. 

Message 22 of 50 (5,359 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have a problem with the collection tasks, but it doesn't matter if I traveled during the job or not. Restarting the game before attempting an objective does help, but I have to restart for each objective. 

Message 23 of 50 (5,322 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue as well. For example, when I’m trying to explore the cave it will not register that I explored it nor if I mailed the treasure I found. Another example when I cook Kaluna pork it will not register that I cooked it nor register that I mailed it. All odd jobs from IL are not working for me.

Message 24 of 50 (5,242 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have it too, I also play in Dutch language.
The rabbithole odd jobs do work though. But when you do an odd job with a milestone, it won't count up and the odd job fails
Message 25 of 50 (5,151 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue with all of the Sulani odd jobs that I’ve tried that require me to go there. Photos, dive treasure and explore cave have all been critical failures multiple times despite having many of the desired objects in my sim’s inventory. I even tried mailing one if the three dive treasures I found trying to get it to register and it ended in critical failure. Please fix. These are a cool idea for earning simoleans but only if it works. Right now it is annoying and frustrating.

Message 26 of 50 (5,114 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictthoekstra I'm dealing with basically the same issue. I can't complete any tasks for odd jobs or freelancer jobs.
Message 27 of 50 (5,020 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. Can't complete any odd jobs - and one of my sims never returned from work.  I had to go to 'manage worlds' and click on the sim to bring him home from work.  This has only just started happening.  I havn't played since before realm of magic came out.  I don't have that expansion yet but everything was working fine the last time I played before that expansion came out.  Most of my sims on island living were sustaining themselves doing odd jobs back then so i know it was working ok then.  Also, then, I had a lot of CC installed and everything was working fine.  I havn't got any CC any more I got rid of it before I started to play again.  Only mod I have is MCC Command centre I tried the game without that installed and had the same problem.  I deleted all my old games - in case it was a glitch with them - and started completely fresh - but the problem is still there.  I can't do a single odd job and have it completed.  I have now tried giving them both normal jobs to see if they actually return from work this time.  Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping there's a fix soon for this.

Message 28 of 50 (4,975 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing happening for me. All of my odd jobs on Sulani that require mailing something to the client don't work. This is very frustrating. Is there a workaround until EA fixes it? A cheat to complete an odd job, similar to cheats for reaching a milestone or completing an aspiration? I haven't found any online. 

Message 29 of 50 (4,922 Views)

★★★ Novice

It helps if you save and leave to world view every time you change lots. It works to both odd jobs and whims, at least in my game. It's tedious but if I can at least get the job requirements checked off, I can manage until EA fixes their game. 

@mdubber08 wrote:

Same thing happening for me. All of my odd jobs on Sulani that require mailing something to the client don't work. This is very frustrating. Is there a workaround until EA fixes it? A cheat to complete an odd job, similar to cheats for reaching a milestone or completing an aspiration? I haven't found any online. 

Message 30 of 50 (4,709 Views)