Re: Chores not working properly

by Sisma35

Original Post

★★ Novice

I only tried doing the treasure of job, twice, and botch times I went to a diving boey, found multiple treasures, even one finger of sulani worth 1000 Simoleons, but it didnt count it, my sim used all the time on it, I went back home to send it, and both the diving and mailing was in 0/1, very frustrating, so I decided to keep the treasure since it was worth more than the job.

For me the beachcombing, in the aspiration, worked fine, it took some time but worked.

Thank you

Message 11 of 50 (12,665 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★★ Apprentice

It's happening to me too. Specifically the seashell collecting odd jobs. I had my sim comb for seashells, and then she returned home to mail them. However, after I clicked on the mailbox to mail the shell to the sim who requested it, the shell in my sim's inventory disappeared, and on the jobs panel it's still showing as 0/1 shells mailed. The first time this happened, I thought maybe I did something wrong, so I had my sim collect another shell, and the same thing happened after I sent it. The shells are disappearing from the inventory as if they're being sent, but the game isn't counting them as sent, which makes the job incomplete. I haven't played since July, so I don't know how long this has been happening, but I'm not going to give my sim the collecting odd jobs for the time being.

Message 12 of 50 (12,650 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Chores for Odd Jobs not counting properly

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I removed my mods and then clicked "repair" on my game so the files get reloaded, but it still won't count either the frogs or seashells when I select those odd jobs. It's very frustrating because then I fail the job.

Message 13 of 50 (12,599 Views)

Odd jobs included in Island living

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island LIving, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard stuff, Cool kitchen stuff, Bowling stuff, Kids Room stuff, Laundry stuff, Luxury party stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Romantic Garden stuff, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select an "odd job" that involves mailing seashells. After you select "mail seashells to customer" you'll notice in the career tab "mail seashell" is still "0/1". No matter how many seashells you mail it never counts as completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the odd job because the mailing the item never counts.
What do you expect to see? The odd job should show) as completed. Under the career tab it should say "mail seashell 1/1" (not 0/1).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug occurs with all odd jobs that require mailing an item to a customer. Appears to be Island living related as this feature came with this expansion pack.

Message 14 of 50 (12,594 Views)

Odd Jobs Tasks Not Being Counted as Complete after doing them

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All (Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work). Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day & Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff. Free: Holiday Celebration Pack & Grimm's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the game, use the Sim's phone to "Find Odd Jobs". Choose the one that asks you to collect seashells for a sim to sell. Go to the beach in Sulani and beach-comb for trash 3 (or maybe 5) times (following the instructions given in the menu that displays details of the odd job).
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though I completed the task of Beach-combing (for both Trash and Seashells), the task was not marked as complete and it didn't show any progress of any kind on the 0/3 counter. My Sim did collect some trash items as well as seashells and that didn't count either. So neither the act of beach-combing or the result of beach-combing counted toward completion of the task.
What do you expect to see? When a sims beach-combs while this odd job is active, the progress counter should reflect that *or* when a sim collects items as a result of beach-combing, the progress counter should reflect that, allowing the job to be completed and the Sim to get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not clear from the menu wording if you're *supposed* to get credit for the act of beach-combing or  you're supposed to get credit for the number of actual items collected as a result of beach-combing, but either way, progress to goal is not being counted. I didn't notice this bug before installing Realm of Magic but can't be sure it didn't exist before then. I suspect it is similar to the bug where Freelance Career tasks, specifically photography, are not being counted (in this same manner) because I also have that bug and have "me too"d it on that post. A different Sim in a different game save didn't experience this photography bug in the Freelance Career before installing Realm of Magic.  

Edit/Update: I'm now experiencing the same glitch with the Freelance Programmer Career in the "Temporary Modding Contract". After chatting with the client (twice) and making the mod neither of the counters show their tasks as complete. 

Message 15 of 50 (12,591 Views)

Re: Odd Jobs Tasks Not Being Counted as Complete after doing them

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had it happen with the Last Minute Beach Party. My Sim cooked the Kahlua Pork twice and it did not register either time. Now the Frogs for Research isn't completing. In addition, my Sim with Charisma 10 failed a job that called for Charisma 1. I'm not sure if that's just a random chance thing, but I've never had a Sim fail a job if they met the skill requirement before. 

Message 16 of 50 (12,559 Views)

★★★ Novice

All odd jobs (Island Living) that require you to find an item then mail it (seashells, frogs, treasure, etc). Nothing happens when you go to the mailbox and click "mail _____ to customer". The job should be completed after you find and mail the item but it's not working!

Message 17 of 50 (12,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

The exact same thing is happening to me, it's so frustrating. 

Message 18 of 50 (12,499 Views)

Island Living, Odd Jobs not working properly

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Stangerville, Island Living, City Living, Get to Work, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs Seasons, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How can we find the bug ourselves? Island Living, doing odd jobs.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to do the 'Odd Jobs' from Island Living when trying to send objects in the mail to complete tasks such as seashells it always remains at 0/1 being sent. Also with catching frogs, it constantly remains at 0/1 despite catching and having multiple frogs in my inventory. The same goes for the mischief odd job. No matter what I do, nothing works. Causing every odd job, besides the ones that sims go to alone, ending in critical failure.
What do you expect to see? What do you expect to see? Odd jobs to be able to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Odd Jobs

Message 19 of 50 (12,500 Views)

Re: Island Living, Odd Jobs not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Same issue:

My sim was doing the odd job to cook and then mail Kalua Pork. I accepted the task at my sim's home lot, then travelled to the Ohan'ali Town Center across the beach, where there is a fire pit. Cooked the Kalua Pork there, which didn't get checked off in the job task panel.

Exited and started the game again, cooked another Kalua Pork which got checked off. Travelled to my home lot, tried to mail the pork, it did not get checked off.

Exited the game and started it again, tried to mail the pork (from the first time cooking it); which got checked off.

Tried a different route, from a save point where my sim just had accepted the odd job, but not left the home lot yet: bought a fire pit, cooked the kalua pork on the home lot, which got checked in the job panel; mailed it to the customer, which got checked off.

So it seems the travel part is problematic, just like for the Freelancer tasks. The workaround, to not travel until the job is done/exit and then start the game again, is the same.

Message 20 of 50 (12,456 Views)