Re: Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory for Mermaid

by Sephirajo

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

You're welcome!

Also, if you can collect frogs other ways, then this is an issue with the waterfall.

Message 11 of 19 (1,268 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested this again with making another sim and making her an angler -- it's any aspiration from the nature branch that is bugged at the waterfall.

Message 12 of 19 (1,245 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,221 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory for Mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

might be that certain files require admin privileges, you can try starting origin AND the game as administrator by right clicking the origin icon, and clicking ''run as administrator'' after you logged in and started origin right click on the sims 4 icon either in start menu or on desktop and click ''run as administrator'' again, and see if that works.

Message 14 of 19 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. But with regular sims and ghost sims. Haven't tried as a mermaid yet. My game does the whole animation of catching the frog, looking proud, and then the cooldown starts saying we have to wait to catch more frogs, but there is no notification or frog in the inventory. Like nothing happened. One of  the sims does have the curator aspiration. The other sim has the new island life aspiration. 

Message 15 of 19 (1,177 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same bug here with a curator mermaid.

Message 16 of 19 (1,118 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am having a problem with this, as well. But I catch the Frog and it doesn’t even count it for some reason. :/ I can’t send to the sim who wanted it. This bug is frustrating even tho, I am doing a challenge for off the grid. I did went to that waterfall and caught the frogs too. I caught a lot of them, and it still didn’t count in the my other save games.

Annotation 2019-09-27 122908.png

Annotation 2019-09-27 122908saefsdfsd.png

Message 17 of 19 (1,082 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory

★★★★ Expert

Same issue. Created sims with each one an aspiration from the Nature category: Curator, Freelance Botanist, Outdoor Enthusist, Angling Ace; none could catch any frogs for a whole day. They caught eyes, fingers, heart of Sulani, and spoiled food. The animation plays out, the frog 'ribbits', but nothing in inventory, and no notification. Sims with aspirations: Location: Beach Life & City Native, and Popularity: Friend of the World, and Athletic: Body Builder, caught frogs on their first try.

Message 18 of 19 (1,072 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory

Hero

Sims that have the Collector Aspiration Trait are now able to catch Frogs in Sulani as
part of their adventures exploring the island waterfall. Good Luck!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (1,713 Views)