Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Careers: No Promotion after Top Level

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@BlackjackWidow That looks like a different LE.

That's the issue I'm talking about: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-icon-still-at-work-after-promotion-after/td...

Could be related but maybe it's also not happening at all in the new careers.

Leaving this separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (1,141 Views)

★ Guide

I also have a sim at the top of the Conservationist career in Marine Biology. Golden check marks across the board and no salary promotion whether she rabbit holes or works from home.

Message 12 of 19 (1,116 Views)

Lifeguard not promoted

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims doesn't get promoted in the life guard career in Island living. He also started at level 3 somehow.
What happens when the bug occurs? He had V button glowing for 4 working days now but doesn't get promoted.
What do you expect to see? I expect him to come from work with a promotion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is a lifeguard level 3. He started in that level. He has been eligable for promotion for 4 working days but doesn't get promoted at all. He just comes home and it says he did an excellent job and has earned 192 simoleons and a day off. 

Message 13 of 19 (1,106 Views)

Re: Lifeguard not promoted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Lavendela91There are only 3 levels in the Lifeguard career as this is the case with other part-time jobs. Not sure if you should get a raise, however.

edit how did you manage to play Island Living on version 1.48 (pack requires at least 1.52)?

Message 14 of 19 (1,098 Views)

Hero
@Lavendela91 Merged your post with existing thread.

As @kusurusu there are only three levels but as the IL don't seem to get a raise at all, it could be that you should get a raise. Unsure on that as well though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (1,092 Views)

★ Guide

To be honest I have no idea where to find the game version and this one came out as a suggestion when I started typing. I just went with that. Sorry for the confusion. 

Thanks for clearing it up!

Message 16 of 19 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The issue with Conservationist not getting raises at level 10 is still present after September patch.

Message 17 of 19 (1,032 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested to quit the job and get it back again, since you start at the same max level, and then I got the promotion once I worked my way up to that promotion again. I don't know if this is related either, but I also moved back to Sulani.

Either way, I did those two things and now I'm getting promotions.

Message 18 of 19 (988 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Career Promotions for Conservationist can still occur after reaching level 10.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (3,298 Views)