Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Careers: No Promotion after Top Level

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (June 2019)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a Sim reach Level 10 in the Conservation Career, then trying to get them promoted to 10+1. It won't work
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim wont get promoted/pay rise past level 10
What do you expect to see? The sim reaching level 10+1, 10+2 etc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 5 of 19 (3,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Careers: No Promotion after Top Level

Hero

Career Promotions for Conservationist can still occur after reaching level 10.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,292 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Island Living Diver Career Promotion

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: all except for Get Famous Games packs: all Stuff packs: Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen & Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Diver career.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is currently on level 3 of the new Diver career path from the Island Living expansion and cannot move onto level 4. I've completed the promotion requirements and earned the golden tick so should receive a promotion, but it just doesn't happen.
What do you expect to see? My Sim should receive a promotion when returning from work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living expansion installation.

My Sim is currently on level 3 of the new Diver career path from the Island Living expansion and cannot move onto level 4. I've completed the promotion requirements and earned the golden tick so should receive a promotion, but it just doesn't happen.

Message 1 of 19 (4,148 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Island Living Diver Career Promotion

Hero
@xx_hayley_xx693 How many days have you played ? Have you tried cheating down one level and back up to see if ti happens then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (4,077 Views)

★★ Novice
@xx_hayley_xx693 The Diver career is only a part time job and only have 3 levels to it! You've maxed out the career.
Message 3 of 19 (3,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JamesAinsworthXL It is ? Good to know. Thanks for the info.

They should still get a money promotion, right ? I mean even if they don't level up anymore, there's bonuses once you reached top or is that not a thing for part time careers ?

Could be that it wasn't a thing for teen careers but it should be now and got overlooked ?

So many questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (3,709 Views)

Hero
@crinrict Merged the two career threads and added.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (3,368 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This makes the most sense. Both the Diver and Fishing career max at level 3 but no bonus increases. I think jobs listed as part time don't have that additional promotions enabled but should.
Message 7 of 19 (2,977 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have 2 sims in the Conservation career, both at level 10 with full performance bar and the checkmark indicating they should have a salary promotion. One is in the Environmental Manager track, the other is in the Marine Biologist track. The performance bar just stays full with the checkmark, neither has gained a promotion to 10 +1 over a full week of working from home.

Since both of them spent the entire career working from home, I also sent one to work (rabbit hole career) to see if that would trigger the salary promotion. It did not. Both are just stuck at level 10 with excellent progress and will not advance. Base game with IL, RG & freebies. No mods or cc / never used

Message 8 of 19 (2,919 Views)

Hero
@BlackjackWidow Are you getting any LEs ? Seems there's a new bug and I'm not sure if this is the same issue as this was reported before yesterday's patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (2,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict - I am getting LE's, but I thought they were from my lack of rebate from the global policy "coconut rebate". The exception references "update royalties and get paid". 

Not sure if the LE's are due to no promotional salary, no coconut rebate, or if the sim is supposed to get royalties on nature documentaries that are licensed to the nature channel (they're not receiving any payments from those, either). I've attached the LE file. Hopefully someone can tell us Standard smile

Edit: just for clarity, both of my sims were stuck like this at level 10 and full progress bar before the 7/16/2019 patch

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 10 of 19 (2,875 Views)