Re: Mermaid will not transform

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Mermaid Bug

Hero
@beaubainbridgee Did you create the mermaids in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 40 (2,892 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict yes i did. the mermaid form comes up in CAS but that’s it. i tried giving them mermaid kelp, they got the emotion but nothing happened when i put them into the water.
Message 32 of 40 (2,884 Views)

Hero
@beaubainbridgee Merged your post with the main thread then.

There's a couple of workarounds in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 40 (2,874 Views)

Mermaid bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Epo4 :1.assets.live-epo4.191
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? My expansion packs are snowy escape, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, and get to work.and my stuff packs are paranormal, nifty knitting, Moschino, laundry day, fitness, bowling night, romantic garden, spooky, and perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a mermaid in go swimming or take a bath when you suppose to have a tale you have regular sim legs
What happens when the bug occurs? My mermaid doesn't have a tale
What do you expect to see? Mermaid with tales please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update file 1.44 every since it was release I had trouble with mermaids yesterday Friday afternoon

This is a picture of my mermaid I made in cas I don't like using cheats so I don't no cheats are in effect I don't use them

Message 34 of 40 (2,872 Views)

Mermaids broken

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs released by 25/07/2021 plus Kids Room, Laundry Day, Moschino, Movie Hangout, Nofty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a mermaid in this build and try to have it swim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hygiene bar isn't replaced by the hydration bar, mermaid tail doesn't appear when the sim is in water, sim complains of being dehydrated despite full hygiene bar
What do you expect to see? Mermaids should have a hydration bar instead of a hygiene bar and their tail should appear when they swim or bathe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey all! Are mermaids broken? I made this sim in CAS, no weird supernatural hybrid offspring are involved. The hygiene bar isn't replaced with the hydration bar in my motives tab and when my sim swims, her tail doesn't pop out! I only have cosmetic CC, nothing that changes anything about the gameplay. CC was disabled at the time I took the screenshot. As you can see, she doesn't have the tail out and she has a hygiene bar in her motives where there should be a hydration bar. Her hygiene is even decreasing while in the water. The tail does show up in CAS. 
I have attempted this with another mermaid a couple of days ago, with the same results. 

YEET.png

Message 35 of 40 (2,881 Views)

Re: Mermaids broken

★★ Apprentice

I've been having this problem as well, with my CAS-created mermaid Sims swimming like non-occult Sims even though you can still see their mermaid forms in CAS, and having a regular plumbob instead of a mermaid plumbob and a Hygiene need instead of a Hydration need, but also still having all the usual mermaid powers. I'll give the suggested workarounds a shot, but just out of curiosity, my Sims have been having some issues with their aging for about a month now, I just started a new save playing as a mermaid, and my mermaid Sim seems to be having aging issues again. Is anyone else having problems with their mermaid Sims aging too quickly, or do you think that's a completely unrelated issue?

Message 36 of 40 (2,812 Views)

My Mermaid Sim Won't Transform Into a Mermaid, Nor Has A Hydration Bar

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC (Win 10), bought through Steam
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? It's on-going, occurring every time. 

What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work; Strangerville, Vampires, Dine Out; Paranormal, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen; Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to have a player-created mermaid swim in the water.
What happens when the bug occurs? The player-created mermaid sim does not transform into a mermaid when swimming in water. There is also no hydration bar, or options to hydrate (like in a bathtub.)
What do you expect to see? For the Sim to transform into a mermaid upon entering the water, and for there to be a hydration bar and ways to refill it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I used to, but they have been deactivated for the purpose of troubleshooting this issue.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, it was like this since the very first time I created a mermaid. Island Living was the very last expansion I downloaded.
Please describe the patch or change you made. N/A

This has been truly disappointing. I was quite excited for having a mermaid sim and that was one of the main reasons why I bought this expansion. Not only can I not swim around as a mermaid, but there is still an internal hydration bar that is depleted when I take mermaid actions. Without any way to refill the hydration bar, I can't perform mermaid actions anymore like talking to the dolphin buddy, singing siren songs, or changing the weather. My mermaid is now useless, and this expansion is kind of ruined for me... Devil

I followed this guide in an attempt to solve the issue. Just incase I missed anything, I'll reiterate exactly what I did to try to fix things:

• Disabled mods.
  • In my Documents/Electronic Arts folder, I renamed my "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4_backup."
  • I opened the Origin app and "repaired" The Sims 4, which popped up a notification saying that Steam was verifying the files.
  • The files were verified.
  • I started an entirely new game and created a mermaid Sim.
  • The problem persists exactly as it did before.

After all that, the Sim still won't transform, nor does the hydration bar appear. However, when I click on the sim, certain mermaid options do appear (as it did last time), indicating that the sim is indeed considered a mermaid on some level.

The other thing I tried (which worked for some people) was going to a mirror and re-selecting a tail for my sim. Didn't work, sadly. I'm so bummed. I'd rather be playing than troubleshooting right now. I just hope there's a solution. Frown

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Thank you guys for your help! Because I was brought to this thread in particular, I was able to try another solution and it worked!

Here's what worked for me:

"You can fix them by cheat-adding the trait

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE" - provided by crinrict

Reminder that you have to enable cheats first as well. If anything changes, I'll make note of it, but I have a good feeling this should be a permanent solution. Thank you again!

Message 37 of 40 (2,848 Views)

Re: My Mermaid Sim Won't Transform Into a Mermaid, Nor Has A Hydration Bar

@zenbuuuu  I've merged your post with the master bug thread for this issue.  Please see the solution (accepted for visibility) on page one for an explanation and workaround.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 40 (2,791 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this problem with my mermaids! I've made a couple new ones post-release of Cottage Living in CAS and they wont transform or show any signs of being a mermaid, they dont even have the hydration bar.

I checked on a sim I made before it came out that I had living in Oasis Springs. They still have their hydration bar and tail. My theory is that any mermaids made after the new pack's release are buggy

Message 39 of 40 (2,768 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

• New Mermaids no longer lose their tails and Hydration bar when swimming. For Mermaids made between the previous update and this one, you can restore their “Mermaidness” by eating Mermadic Kelp to become human and eating it again to become a Mermaid. You can also use the cheat "traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE" as a workaround as well.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.146/1.45

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 40 (11,600 Views)