Re: Mermaid will not transform

by ScalesJC81

Original Post

Hero
@ScalesJC81 Maybe she's transformed back and forth at this point ?

Did you add the trait as given in the workaround ?

Can you upload the Sim to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 40 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict The workaround worked!!

@cornflowerpretty This workaround worked!

[CM - merged consecutive replies together]

Message 22 of 40 (946 Views)

Re: Mermaid have no tail/no hydration bar

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict The cheat worked for me, however the tail only showed after travelling once to another (Sulani) neighbourhood.
Message 23 of 40 (929 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Did you go out of the water and back in ? That worked for me. It wasn't an instant thing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 40 (924 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes, multiple times with no sucess. After travelling to another beach, the transformation was immidiately successful.

Message 25 of 40 (921 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 OK. thanks. I'll ad that to the workaround post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 40 (918 Views)

Mermaid Sims Not Transforming Missing Hydration Bar

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey To Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust the Dust Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a mermaid sim in CAS and then make it swim in water.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid sims stay in their bathing suits instead of transforming into a mermaid in water. No hydration bar appears.
What do you expect to see? Mermaid sims to turn into mermaids when in water. Hydration bar to be present.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update and New expansion pack Cottage Living

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anyway to fix it? Thank you!

Robin

Message 27 of 40 (889 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict By stories I meant the "story" function in Create A Sim, where you answer questions and it makes a sim for you--so, I didn't even "decide" to make a mermaid, the game did it for me, and then it didn't work properly :-P

Fortunately, equipping the trait and going straight into the water seems to have worked. I did see that solution on the other thread and tried it, but either because I didn't understand how to input it correctly, or because I waited too long to go in the water or something, it didn't work then, so thank you for the specific instructions, and providing a the exact thing I needed to put in so I could just copy/paste it. My sim now appears to be the mermaid she was always meant to be!

07-23-21_9-03-31 PM.png

Message 28 of 40 (865 Views)

Hero
@Fanphoria Glad it fixed it for you. Yeah, I understood later what you mean when others chimed in :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 40 (836 Views)

Sims 4 Mermaid Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, get to work, discover university, journey to batuu, parenthood, vampires, dine out, my first pet stuff, laundry day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, cool kitchen stuff, paranormal stuff. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play with mermaid sims
What happens when the bug occurs? my mermaid sim acts like a normal sim when they swim and bathe, have no tail and has ‘hygiene’ instead of ‘hydration’ in their needs. they can use mermaid powers but that’s all. i made the sim in CAS and the mermaid form appears then but not in gameplay so i made my sim eat mermaid kelp, they got the emotion reaction and still didn’t work when i placed them into the water. i deleted the game completely then re downloaded it and all my packs and still no change.
What do you expect to see? a mermaid sim act like a mermaid, swim with a tail and bathe with a tail hanging out of the bath and have ‘hydration’ in their needs instead of ‘hygiene’
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i updated the game to the most recent update, 7/20/21.

play with mermaid sims and see how they act.

Message 30 of 40 (860 Views)