Re: Mermaid will not transform

by ScalesJC81

Original Post

Re: Mermaid sims4 BUg

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Were you able to figure out how to fix this? I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried 2 different games and even tried cheats and still can’t get it to work. The sim eats the Mermadic Kelp, gets the heightened sensations, immediately goes into the water and nothing happens.

Message 11 of 40 (760 Views)

Hero
@cornflowerpretty Which cheat did you try ? I merged your post with the bug report.

@ScalesJC81 So it's also kelp not just CAS created ? Could you try the cheat in the workaround post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 40 (752 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

yeeeah, yesterday I managed to solve this problem. 

The mermaid was created in CAS and then I moved her to the new neighborhood and she appeared as a normal sim. Then I traveled to Sulani, added some aspiration points and bought a 2x kelp. After this the mermaid became human so I added kelp again to her inventory. She ate it, jump to water and then she became a mermaid again but then it worked. She is now a legit occult sim Wink

But she had a different tail than I created so I had to use cheatsenabled and modify it in CAS.

cheers!

Dominik

Message 13 of 40 (740 Views)

Hero
@cornflowerpretty Sounds like it's CAS created Sims only then and not through Kelp which is a bit of a relieve.

Thanks for your workaround. I'll add that to my post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 40 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I was using 'traits.equip_trait trait occult mermaid' and 'traits.remove_trait trait_OccultMermaid' and nothing happened evry time but I figured that I forgot the 'sims.' part and maybe that was the cause.

Cheers!

Dominik

Message 15 of 40 (738 Views)

Mermaid will not transform

★★ Novice

I have created 3 female sims from scratch, each with the Mermaid trait. They gain enough satisfaction points to get the mermadic kelp. After eating it, they have all experienced heightened sensations and immediately go into the water to swim. None of them have transformed!!!

i have repaired the game, moved the sims 4 folder out of the EA games folder, even resorted to cheats. Nothing. I’m super frustrated and disappointed!!

Message 16 of 40 (759 Views)

Hero
@ScalesJC81 To be sure you created them as mermaids in CAS ? You shouldn't need to eat kelp if you do this but there's currently a bug.

Just making sure that's what you mean before merging with the bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 40 (738 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, they were all created in CAS and never transformed. I had them all eat the kelp thinking that would help.

Message 18 of 40 (728 Views)

Hero
@ScalesJC81 I merged your thread with the bug report then

You can use kelp but you have to make them human first, then eat kelp again to make them a mermaid. Mermaids made in CAS are half-baked mermaids so to speak currently

You can also use a cheat. See workaround post for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 40 (713 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve tried the cheats as well.

Just so I’m clear- I’ve already eaten kelp 2x. (She still does the whole mermaid dolphin noise randomly and still has her torso scales when in her swimsuit. And can still call her Azure Dolphin and do all the mermaid things.) So now I just move her to a different city and eat kelp again and move her back to Sulani?

Message 20 of 40 (700 Views)