Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] CAS created Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except laundry day and interior decorating, I believe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure--try to get a mermaid through stories, see if it happens there?
What happens when the bug occurs? This seems to be the same issue as this thread here (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-IL-Mermaids-have-no-tail-no-hydration-bar-missing-trait/...) that was supposedly resolved, except rather than it being a townie, it is the sim I created through stories and am playing with currently. I didn't play any other households before this one--I used stories to create my sim, which created them as a mermaid, and started playing with them. From the beginning, they have had a hygiene bar rather than hydration bar, and it is not filled by normal hydration like swimming. They also do not transform into their mermaid form when swimming, although I can edit the mermaid form in CAS.
What do you expect to see? All mermaid sims in my household to act like normal mermaids, even when created through the story function in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌I tried the solution proposed in that other thread, of adding that other specific trait through cheats, but it didn't seem to have any affect. To be fair, I could have mis-understood the instructions, so if someone wants to provide a detailed step by step how-to for that, I will try it again.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 3 of 40 (10,034 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mermaid will not transform

Hero

• New Mermaids no longer lose their tails and Hydration bar when swimming. For Mermaids made between the previous update and this one, you can restore their “Mermaidness” by eating Mermadic Kelp to become human and eating it again to become a Mermaid. You can also use the cheat "traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE" as a workaround as well.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.146/1.45

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (11,621 Views)

All Replies

Mermaid sims4 BUg

★★ Novice

Hi,

after getting a newest sims4 update, new created mermaid always appears as a normal sim. Tried to create few families with mermaids and always the same thing happens. Even typing cheats doesn't work. The sim is bugged and normal sim abilities are mixed with mermaid abilities so comfortable game is impossible.

Mier

Message 1 of 40 (9,839 Views)

Re: Mermaid sims4 BUg

@cornflowerpretty  Please try creating a new mermaid in a clean user folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether your mermaids look normal.

It would be interesting to test both mermaids created in CAS and regular sims that become mermaids through gameplay.  You can cheat the aspiration points to buy mermadic kelp if you want; the kelp itself wouldn't be affected by the cheat, let alone the transition it produces.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 40 (9,831 Views)

Re: Mermaid have no tail/no hydration bar

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Fanphoria are you mermaids hybrids ? 

Sorry, got confused what you mean by stories. I assume you mean story mode and not a story you played and had mermaid children in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 40 (10,022 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Yeah, Mermaids are broken. Any old mermaids in old saves work fine. New mermaids created in old or new saves are broken. Shows Hygiene bar instead of hydration bar and they don't transform into mermaid form in water. They still have their mermaid powers which drains hygiene and swimming around does appear to raise hygiene. 

Message 5 of 40 (10,003 Views)

Re: [IL] CAS created Mermaids have no tail/no hydration bar

★★★ Apprentice
@Fanphoria Can confirm this issue. Mermaids in new saves do not have a hydration bar and do not turn into mermaids when swimming. My mermaids in an older save are still working fine however.
Message 6 of 40 (9,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like they're missing the trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE again  (only this times it's CAS created mermaids and not NPCs)

You can fix them by cheat-adding the trait

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE

Then send them to the ocean to swim. that should fix both the tail and the bar, If this doesn't trigger it, travel to a different lot and back.

If you don't want to use cheats, you can also eat kelp twice to make the mermaid human and then eat again to make them a mermaid again. That seems to work (thank you @cornflowerpretty for testing that)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 40 (9,981 Views)

No legs on Mermaid Sims and no Hydration needs bar

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs up to Dream Home Decorator are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make or move in from the gallery any mermaid occult sim of any age and gender and have them go swimming or take a bath. (The needs panel open to see missing hydration bar) *Both only occur in new saves*
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaid sims do not perform the transformation action into a mermaid and do not have mermaid tails. Mermaid sims keep their human legs, and they swim like a normal sim. They can still use mermaid abilities, and It recognizes the hydration need is in effect when using powers, but the hydration bar itself is not present; it just appears as a normal sim needs panel.
What do you expect to see? I expect mermaid sims to transform into a mermaid with a tail and the needs panel to show the proper hydration need bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Picture 5768 shows a mermaid sim swimming like a normal sim with no tail, and picture 5769 shows the mermaid sim needs panel without the hydration bar.

Message 8 of 40 (9,975 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This works, thanks!
Message 9 of 40 (9,977 Views)

Mermaid not changing after update

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a mermaid/merman and go swimming. Make sure to have updated the game with the latest update.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim does not change to mermaid/merman form.
What do you expect to see? The sim should change to mermaid/merman form
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch in preparation for Cottage Living.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZzO4FTt.png[/img]

Message 10 of 40 (9,844 Views)