Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Bulldozing waterfront lots does not remove terrain paint

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs including the free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose to build on any waterfront lot in Island living, select any terrain paint. Paint terrain. Click on either Bulldoze lot or Bulldoze terrain option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The terrain paint remains on the lot regardless of which Bulldoze option is clicked.
What do you expect to see? I expect the lot to be cleared of everything including the terrain paint.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed UPDATE: 6/18/2019 – PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220 Then installed Island Living EP.

I tested this on all of the lots in Island Living, this issue seems to only affect the waterfront lots. Tested on new vanilla game save. Cleared the recommended  stuff before starting a new game and attempting to recreate the issue. Issue still present. Running Windows 10 version 1903. Dual GTX 1070 Ti Armor GPUs. Everything is completely up to date on PC. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bulldozing waterfront lots in Island Living does not remove terrain paint.

Hero

Bulldozing waterfront lots in Island Living will now not remove terrain paint.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,016 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

I have the same problem, but when you click on the paint after you bulldozed and touch the ground it all disappears. 

Also, on the half water half land lots, terrain paint does not transfer when lot is placed. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,292 Views)

★★ Guide
@schnuck01 You are correct. That is seriously odd.
Message 3 of 8 (1,284 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@stv_strm seeing this issue as well
Message 4 of 8 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@schnuck01, I've had both of these issues. I was actually coming here to see if anyone had posted and/or make a post myself.

Message 5 of 8 (1,233 Views)

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,204 Views)

★★ Pro

I see this in my game too along with the terrain paint disappearing on waterfront lots in Sulani when lots are placed from the library.

Message 7 of 8 (1,193 Views)

Hero

Bulldozing waterfront lots in Island Living will now not remove terrain paint.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,017 Views)