Re: analyzing ocean samples may sometimes make personal inventory vanish.

by Saturn-Sublime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Analyzing ocean samples make inventory vanish

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My First Pet Stuff and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Both times I know it happened it was on a Sim in the conservationist career, they had multiple items in their personal inventory and were recently analyzing a stack of ocean samples. This has happened twice. Another non conservationist sim has lost a Float Lounger though I am not 100% sure it is from this bug or if I had their conservationist sibling pick it up who would have lost it when the bug occurred for them. I had also sold some photos from the characters inventory recently as well, not sure if that might be relevant. I didn't sell the earbuds, canoe, lounger or beach towels That went missing from the conservationists though.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything in their personal inventory vanishes with the exception of the research data you get from analyzing the samples.
What do you expect to see? Analysis should yield research data or fail to without the loss of the sims personal inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So this bug has definitely occurred twice on conservationist sims. That is, once on two different sims. It is possible it happened on a third non conservationist sim which, if so it may not be related to the sample analysis, however I am not sure if I just misplaced that sims float lounger. It doesn't happen every time. 

Message 1 of 32 (5,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims inventory is cleaned out after every dive

Hero

Fixed an issue in which samples taken from Sulani to fulfill Conservation career tasks were disappearing from the Sim Inventory after analyzing said samples.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 32 (4,856 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: analyzing ocean samples may sometimes make personal inventory vanish.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just had it happen again while analyzing samples, it made my crystal clear camera, gold earbuds and some repair parts disappear. I reloaded and analyzed the same stack of 6 samples and this time it left the camera but the repair parts and earbuds disappeared again. And a third time. Each time I was analyzing a stack of samples. 

Edit: I missed that items were also disappearing from stacks, like flowers and parts, less noticeable when an object doesn't visibly vanish. Should I capture video of it? 

Message 2 of 32 (5,692 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★★ Apprentice

I feel this issue is definetly connected to analyzing the samples from the conservationist career. (At least the new issues, the fleamarket is another story) In Deligracy's Island Living let's Play, Episode 2, minute 25, you can clearly see her open inventory and a plate of food vanishing just when the interaction to anaylze the sample completed. Not sure if that helps, but I thought any additional info might me welcome.

Message 3 of 32 (5,576 Views)

[IL] "Analyze Sample" Deleting Items in Personal Inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the packs in the game installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Sulani, join the Conservationist career, put something in Sim's personal inventory, Take Sample from Ocean and Analyze Sample from inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Something from my Sim's personal inventory will be deleted.
What do you expect to see? Nothing should be deleted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I first noticed this bug when I was playing a mermaid Sim I had created specifically to play through the Conservationist career and the "restoring Sulani" gameplay that comes with Island Living. I remember I had multiple special conch shells (the ones that call merfolk) in my inventory, but they went missing after I analyzed a sample I took from the ocean in Mua Pel'am. I then removed the mods I had in my game and started a new save to test the bug myself. A video of one of my tests is here.

In the video, I have three things in my Sim's inventory prior to running the Analyze Data interaction: Cereal (in the first slot), Research Data (in the second slot), and a Ham and Cheese Sandwich (in the third slot). After running the interaction, the Cereal was missing from my Sim's inventory. It's not in the Household Inventory and it's not anywhere on the lot. It's just gone. 

Message 4 of 32 (5,514 Views)

Re: Sims inventory is cleaned out after every dive

★★ Apprentice

This had not been added to the compiled bug report thread, will it still be seen if it had been attached to a carpets and dogs missing item bug? This is limited to the conservation career, which is Island Living. 

Message 5 of 32 (5,452 Views)

Analyzing Samples in the conservatist career let items in inventory disappear

★ Guide

Product: Die Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with a sim in the conservatist career, some items like outtrigger, camera, laptop or some think else, what you want aaaaaand - samples from water, waterfall, waste. Analyze these samples and look, what will happen to the other items like outtrigger, camera ... and so on in the sim-inventory. All away may be?
What happens when the bug occurs? Other Items disappear after analyzing samples
What do you expect to see? That the outtrigger, camera, laptop is still in the sim-inventory after analyzing a sample in the conservatist career
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

look above.  and look specially for the sim-Inventory. There seesm to be some programming mistake. It is also not very well done, when sims find items on the beach like "Sycee of the Wealthy Moon," which can not be easily sold or moved from the Sim Inventory, but must be cumbersome into the world to finally get rid of. That is superfluous gimmick, which make more difficulties on prgramming.

Message 6 of 32 (5,382 Views)

Re: Analyzing Samples in the conservatist career let items in inventory disappea

★★ Guide

I have the same issue, but I want to know if it is a bug or an intended feature. My conservationists always lose their music headphones Sick

Message 7 of 32 (5,368 Views)

Re: Analyzing Samples in the conservatist career let items in inventory disappea

★ Guide

Loosing important and expensive Items only for analysing one sample should be an intended features? I had no reason for it, that people planed and decided for such a worse thing. Who should need such a crazy feature - for what? I think they did not overlook the reprogramming of Sim inventory. There are also other problems with Sim Inventory

Message 8 of 32 (5,361 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse Merging with main thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 32 (5,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

Definitely having the same problem. It's extremely repeatable. Every time I analyze a sample, the resulting data object replaces a random object from within the inventory.

Message 10 of 32 (5,294 Views)