Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'I found a ring' call from my sim's own partner

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? No Snowy Escape, no Star Wars, no Bowling, no Fitness, no Moschino, no Paranormal, no Tiny Living, no Toddler, no Kits, all others yes.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim date a townie. Wait for the townie partner to call your sim, and the "so I found a ring" card to appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The partner who is calling me asks about their relationship as if they aren't dating the person they're calling. Eg. Sim A is my sim. Sim B is a townie that is not in my household. Sim A is dating Sim B. Sim A gets a call from Sim B. Sim B says "I found a ring in Sim A's bag! I think they're going to propose, should I say yes?" Sim A is asked to choose yes, no, or "what do you want?" Saying yes made my sim automatically engaged to them without anybody proposing.
What do you expect to see? The "so I found a ring" card to not appear for my own sim's relationship, or for the dialogue to be changed to reflect their relationship. Eg. "So, I found a ring in YOUR bag. Were you going to propose to me?"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

brianna 3.pngbrianna4.png

brianna 2.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

EDIT: Merged another thread with 6 me toos

Message 1 of 27 (4,790 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] 'I found a ring' call from my sim's own partner

Hero

In the spirit of love and not breaking relationships apart… too much, Sims will no longer get a call from their romantic partner asking for advice on what to do with a possible pending engagement proposal from that same Sim. Can you imagine? Awkward…

Fixed in Patch 1.83.24/1.51

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (3,013 Views)

All Replies

Re: [ECO] 'I found a ring' call from my sim's own partner

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Also got this. My sim, Yuki, was dating J Huntington. J Huntington called and talked to Yuki about Yuki as if he was talking to someone else. I picked "What do YOU want to do?" and he got mad at my sim saying that "Apparently I can't count on you when it comes to enormous and important life decisions which actually don't affect you."... It very much affects my sim you clown. 😂

PropsalCall1.png

"So I found a ring in Yuki's bag. I think she's going to propose to me. I don't know what to do! What shouls I say!? Yes!? No!? Aahh!?"
"Say yes!"
"Don't do it!"
"What do YOU want to do?"

PropsalCall2.png

"What I want? I don't know what I want! I wanted you to choose for me. Apparently I can't count on you when it comes to enormous and important life decisions which actually don't affect you. Thanks a lot, Yuki Ue."

Message 2 of 27 (4,640 Views)

Re: [ECO] 'I found a ring' call from my sim's own partner

EA Staff
Hello, @SqueamishNerd @eloquentmydear,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 27 (4,566 Views)

Active sim got engaged via Neighborhood Stories

★ Novice

My current sim asked an NPC to be her partner during a date. Later in the day, she received a popup from her new partner asking if he should get engaged... to her. I selected "make your own decision," and now my sim has the "Engaged!" buff. 

Not a huge deal, but definitely doesn't seem like the kind of thing Neighborhood Stories was intended for, and it's kind of annoying I didn't get to build up the relationship between them myself! 

Message 4 of 27 (4,838 Views)

Re: Active sim got engaged via Neighborhood Stories

★★★★★ Novice

Same! my sim got the call from his girlfriend about a ring in his bag. I went with the do it option & now they're engaged. But he's also already married so I don't think it should have happened.

Message 5 of 27 (4,823 Views)

Neighborhood stories - issues with active household be affected

★★★★★ Novice

My sim is currently married and has a girlfriend. His girlfriend called him and told him she found a ring in HIS bag. I chose the affirmative option and now they're engaged. But he's still married to his wife. So he is both married to one sim and engaged to another.

The wife also influenced the girlfriend to have a baby with her beau but I got no reaction from the fact that the friend's partner is her husband. She even told the wife that she is "in love" with the husband and I got no reaction. The wife's friend (man's fiance) also had a baby with him (she kissed him on the cheek and she was pregnant). The wife knows about the baby and knows who she had the baby with but there is no reaction to the fact that the friend's partner is her husband again. 

I would think that the wife should have some negative sentiments towards her friend and husband since she the game know exactly who the friend has been talking about.

Message 6 of 27 (4,855 Views)

Re: Active sim got engaged via Neighborhood Stories

Hero
@inherwords Sounds like a bug to me. Best to create a bug report in the bug forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (4,783 Views)

Neighborhood Stories Glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Found a glitch in the neighborhood stories update. 

My sim had a boyfriend and he called her with one of the neighborhood story lines…. a storyline about herself???

He said he found a ring in her purse and I answered with the “I don’t know” type response and now they’re engaged even though I’m playing as the girlfriend. This makes no sense and I definitely shouldn’t be getting story progression calls concerning the sim that I’m controlling. 

Message 8 of 27 (4,796 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Stories Glitch?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tnm201 Merged your post with another thread on the same issue.

EDIT: 

@SimGirl_Ti @inherwords 

Merged everything into the newly created bug report. Make sure to click me too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (4,752 Views)

Active Sim engaged to non-romantic friend through Neighbourhood Stories

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and My First Pet Stuff. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game normally and wait for a Neighbourhood Stories pop-up.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim answers the phone for a Neighbourhood Stories life question. In this case, she was told that her friend had found a ring in my active Sim's purse and thought she was going to pose. What to do? I said say yes and now my Sim is engaged to a Sim she doesn't have an active romantic level with and is listed as "Just Friends". But she has the Engaged buff and in the Sim Profiles they are listed as Engaged. Also, my active Sim is currently married with a toddler.
What do you expect to see? I would not expect to get these kinds of third-person type Neighbourhood Stories calls to be coming to my Sim at all. I would understand if it was a Sim I was dating and they called me to see if I wanted to get married, sure. But it shouldn't come up with all third-person concept and then it turns out it's about my active Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch was installed today.

Photos of my Sim Profile showing Engaged attached. Also image of how there is no romantic relationship with this Sim.

Apologies if this topic has been raised elsewhere - I couldn't see it anywhere in the Bug forum.

Message 10 of 27 (4,704 Views)