[FIXED] Household inventory empties when moving and no furniture packed

by callycat999

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Household inventory empties when moving and no furniture packed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Single sim married and moved out into new partner's house, but although I chose to pack their furniture none of it moved with them and the household inventory was completely empty (items lost from it) when the move was complete.

• Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> Never
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) Win 7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download

Message 1 of 15 (20,823 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Household inventory empties when moving on marriage and no furniture packed

Hero

That's good news. Is it ok to mark this as solved ? You can always come back and re-open the issue should it come back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (19,911 Views)

All Replies

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (20,778 Views)

Problems with wedding inventory after wedding and moving

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After a wedding, inventory messed up.  I had my Sim move into the Goth mansion as he married Cassandra.  When I moved him, there was a box and it asked if I wanted to sell his stuff and I didn't check it.  There was also text that said that his belongings would go with him if they were not sold.  He went to the Goth house, but his stuff didn't.  I exited and didn't save.

Then, I tried to move them into their own house after getting married again, because I didn't save the game above and I put all their stuff in their inventory and during the move it deleted all of it. 

W8.1    no cc/mods   DD with the extras   

Message 3 of 15 (20,705 Views)

Re: Problems with wedding inventory after wedding and moving

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you check the family inventory as well ?

@davina1221 Merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (20,703 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Did you check the family inventory as well ?

@davina1221 Merged with existing report

First, what is family inventory? There's only household inventory and each indivdual's inventory, right? Am I missing a third mysterious place that my stuff could be hidden?

Right now, I am actually afraid to move my growing family into another house because of all the wonderful paintings and things that I have and rewards. What is going on? Is there really no fix for this? Do I have to kill off families instead of being able to freely move? LOL! I mean seriously, I don't even want to risk moving and some stuff can't be stored in a Sim's inventory.

Message 5 of 15 (20,667 Views)

Hero

Family inventory = Household inventory.

Save the game before moving and try what happens. Revert if it doesn''t work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (20,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I always thought that if you choose to option to sell the **bleep** to the house, it's completely bare. It was a GREAT starter home for someone with the stuff I left (meaning didn't put in inventory) and I don't want to have to re-furnish it all over again now every time someone moves out.

So, back to the drawing board. Once again, I'm going back to the original game I saved earlier and this time I'll elect to SELL all the items and see if the household inventory is still there. Wasn't before, hope it is this time.

OOOH! Just thought of a workaround, though. I'll just save the house this time with everything in it that I want to stay into my library. plum that this has to be a workaround, but you know how it is with the Sims. It takes about 3 years to get the bugs out while they charge us along the way for expansion packs without fixing the glitches in the base.

Message 7 of 15 (20,659 Views)

Hero

@callycat999 Do you ever have this issue again or was it a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (20,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has happened several times in different games with different sims. I'm not sure if I've tried it since the last patch, but I can try it again and see.

Message 9 of 15 (20,341 Views)

Hero

That would be great.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (20,337 Views)