[FIXED] House is floating

by sarahr0sie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] House is floating

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Sims' house is floating in the air and not on it's lot. Is there a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 10 (6,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: House is floating

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ok. Thanks for all the info.

I've added

EDT: I believe this to be fixed. Feel free to unsolve if it's not.

It was probably related to MOO

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (7,255 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post a picture ? To do so, change to window mode and press Print Screen to take a pic. Paste that into Paint and save it.

Then upload the picture to a third party image sharing site like imageshack and then post the link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (6,794 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your fast reply! You can see the house floating here: http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2320/eFBaMC.png

Let me know if you need more information. This happened after playing this lot then I saved and switched to another lot, saved that game and tried to go back. The Sims on that lot had aged even though my settings are set to only age the Sims who are currently being played and the house was floating.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10 (6,776 Views)

Hero

Can you enter the lot ? Is it just on the map overview or is something weird in the game itself too ?

Any custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (6,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too - so would be interested in reply.  My household is unplayable - nothing happens when i click on it.  Can play other houses in neighbourhood. Other Sims can be directed to visit the house - all seems okay from this perspective.  i downloaded a triplet-yielding pregnant woman from the gallery and she lives there with her 3 children 

Message 5 of 10 (6,762 Views)

★★ Novice

Crin & Simmergently,

So when this first happened I was not able to play with that lot - when on that lot - everything was off centered. When playing other lots, I could visit that lot and everything was fine. Today, I clicked on the empty lot where the floating house should have been and was able to play with those Sims. I saved and exited, and when going back into the game the house was no longer floating. Not sure what happened but it seems to be working okay now. Very strange.

Thanks for your replies. Simmergently - I hope you can get your issue fixed also.

Message 6 of 10 (6,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ok. Thanks for all the info.

I've added

EDT: I believe this to be fixed. Feel free to unsolve if it's not.

It was probably related to MOO

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (7,256 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just an FYI - I had this happen to me as well, twice. I'll have to see if I still have the pictures, if you want them, because I actually found that it wasn't just floating on the map screen, but also in the game play as well. and it actually happened when I was messing around with the move objects on cheat right after it was released from EA. and I had not turned it off after using it.  Once I got back into my game, and played it, and then saved and exited my game, everything was back to normal the next time I loaded the game.  But, like the other player stated, insteaded of clicking on the house, you have to click on the land where the house *should* be in order to get the option to play your game.

I'm not sure why forgetting to turn off the MOO would cause the whole lot to move - but I feel confident thats what happened since it happened to me twice and both times thats what I had done (and knock on wood, it's never happened since!).  If you'd like the pictures, I'll see if I still have the screen shots. But I just recently cleaned out my folders.  Let me know!  Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 10 (6,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This just happened to me. No house showed up on the lot so I downloaded one from the gallery. My sim went to a part of the "floating" house and I saw what appears to be an apartment floating in the air. I am also receiving apartment notifications on this lot. Really strange. So this problem is not solved.

Message 9 of 10 (5,824 Views)

Hero
This thread is a bit old.

Could you please make a new one ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (5,815 Views)