by Ghouleh333

Original Post

Re: Have baby at hospital bugged?

Hero
@verfens OK. thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 54 (10,788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've just recently started having this problem as well. My sim will go to the hospital and the doctor will be standing outside but not come in. Or if the doctor does come in, they just chat with my sim instead of taking her back to the delivery room. If there is a receptionist, I have to check in twice but sometimes there is not a receptionist either and I can't do anything. When I save and go to manage worlds, and then come back, it works and my sim can have her baby. The most recent time this happened, the doctor just stood and chatted until my sim hit 0 on the pregnancy timer, I managed worlds and then came back, and my sim immediately went back to the delivery room where she was helped by a completely different doctor.

Message 32 of 54 (10,754 Views)

Hero
@ravencoal Is this on the original hospital or did you change anything about it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 54 (10,739 Views)

★ Guide

I've had problems for ages with this, but it has been working much better recently. It might have been fixed by a patch, or it might have been...

I had Geoffrey Landgraab quit his job as a Secret Agent and go into the Medical career. (He's a doctor in previous versions of the Sims.) I haven't had any problems with it since Dr. Landgraab started delivering the babies. (He's still an Intern, too.) Maybe it's one of those hidden things in the game that Geoffrey Landgraab is supposed to be in that career, kind of like Skip Broke drowning if you create him or Sophie Miguel kicking trashcans if you create her.

Message 34 of 54 (10,702 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible/No Staff on duty

★ Apprentice

I am experiencing this glitch after repairing and updating the game with the Jan. 2020 patch.  I have had successful hospital births before but now it doesn't seem to be working.  My pregnant Sim will arrive, the doctor can be seen standing outside but then will disappear.  When I have the Sim check in at the front desk, the current receptionist leaves and a new one comes in but the "check in" interaction becomes frozen in the actions queue and my Sim just stands in front of the receptionist desk while the receptionist just types away on the computer and talks on the phone.  No nurses or doctors show up but other Sims queue up at the receptionist desk.  I tried restarting the save from just before going to hospital but the same thing happened (two separate save files with two different Sims, running no mods and do not use cc).  I did not attempt returning home and clicking on the "have baby at hospital interaction" again without restarting the save (a workaround mentioned in this thread), I just had the Sim give birth at home (because it was frustrating waiting around at the hospital with everything stuck).  I was using the standard hospital (unedited) and I have all packs (except for University).  Thanks in advance for any tips/workarounds/help/general advice.

Message 35 of 54 (10,669 Views)

Hero
@Ghouleh333 Moved your post over to a more current thread.

Do you still have the save from before the birth ?

Would you be able to share that with me ? Upload to google or one drive and pm me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 54 (10,652 Views)

Hero

I haven't had a birth in the hospital since the last patch, but after reading this thread, one thing I noticed is no one has commented on the simsinfo mod.  If you have that mod, there is a healthcare section in it, that in addition to giving you info about your sim, it you give a list of all the medical professionals in your game in the GTW Medical career.

When I have had no doctors show up and checked it via the mod, what I found, particularly when you haven't put a sim in the that career, changed the ones you had in the career to another, or the ones you had died, there are none and the game takes quite a while to generate a new NPC doctor, etc. and that is what is causing the delay.  Or at least some of the time anyway.

In my game, I do have a bunch of sims in the medical career now and almost always get at least one, and sometimes two, of them showing up to deliver the baby.  Usually when my sims spawn in front of the front door, the doctor and nurse spawn there at the same time too.  Sometimes one will leave immediately but soon gets replaced by another.  I may or may not get a receptionist.  If I do, that NPC seems to always spawn at the desk.  Otherwise, one never shows up.  When none of the playable medical career sims spawn when my sim does, there is a noticeable delay before any medical career sims show up and it's almost always a new NPC, not a playable in the Medical career.  In any case, most of the time the spawned NPCs just stand around doing idle animation until the birth clock starts.  Then they spring into action and one of them goes to the surgery machine and the birth happens.

One thing that happens that drives me nuts at times though is while waiting for the birth to happen, my active sims continually try to go to the vending machines despite the fact that they have full motives.  I have to constantly cancel that action.  That has been happening well before the recent thirst/get a drink of water thing that is happening now too so the same thing is not causing it I'm sure.  So I usually send them to a computer to play a game until the birth clock starts and that shuts it down.

I have never had a birth fail where I had to try over or give birth at home.  They always deliver eventually.  Some take a lot longer to do it than others though.  

Now, one thing I have learned reading this thread is about checking in.  I didn't even know you could even do that during a birth cycle so I've never even tried.  So I don't think you have to since I've had so many successful births without doing it.  I rarely give birth at home (usually because I waited too long so the sim could finish something they were doing) and the vast majority happen at the hospital.

Message 37 of 54 (10,631 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Oh my I hadn't checked on this thread in quite a while. I have not changed anything about the hospital. I had an especially frustrating night where the pregnant mother was in the hospital for over 14 sim hours before a doctor finally showed up to give birth to her child. The same night I also noticed the excessive TV watching glitch for the first time so after I logged off I repaired the game. I have not had so severe an incident after that. Soon after, one of my viewers told me that the mother won't go back to the room until the "In Labor" moodlet gets down to 2 hours. Since then I've been keeping track, and it's like clockwork, giving birth once the moodlet hits 2 hours. Not sure why that's the case, since the moodlet lasts 4 hours, and most players (like me) are likely to select to go to the hospital immediately upon receiving the notice that their sim has gone into labor. By design, or another related bug?
Message 38 of 54 (10,577 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is the steps to take to have birth at the Hospital.

1. When Sim goes to hospital The Doctor and Staff are outside waiting for you, they are waiting for something.  Sometimes it happens before they go to the hospital so they get sent right away, sometimes it happens after.

2. Sim may not be ready to give birth yet, wait for the bladder to drop really fast,  Once it gets in the Red and you go to relieve your bladder, A popup will say, "What is that my water broke baby is on the way after that your sim should automatically walk to the surgery table and the doctor and nurse will panicky rush in to give birth.  In the Original Hospital if you are sent to the surgery room at the end of the hall and there is a nurse at both tables congratulations you are having identical twins and both babies will spawn at each table.  Another way to tell is if the names are on the same dialog box they are identical twins, if not they are non identical twins, but still twins.

3. Keep in mind the Check in is only for sick patience and can confuse the game if you check in.  The game uses the bladder drop and relieve to simulate water breaking which starts the process, so if you go to the hospital too early in the labor process you might have to wait a while to have the baby.

Message 39 of 54 (10,569 Views)

Hero
@ravencoal That's an interesting observation. May account why it happens to some people and why I usually can't duplicate it cause I just wait it out until they go.

Can't say if it's by design or not but would be interesting to check on further.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 54 (10,550 Views)