Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Hospital Workers do nothing when giving birth

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim get pregnant and be in labor, send them to the hospital but go with them. I think you need a custom hospital with everything needed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone except for your sims and the front desk person will be spawned at the corner of the hospital and won't move from there, even if you check in.
What do you expect to see? When you join your sim to have a baby, the hospital people actually do something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if it's because I don't have the bed that a baby would be in after giving birth but if it is, I'll add that in and see if the problem still occurs.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 54 (7,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Hospital Workers do nothing when giving birth

Hero

Fixed an issue in which childbirth was not possible if Simmers changed the color swatches of the Surgery Tables. Now listen, I have heard about renting whole hospital wings for a birth in real life and other eccentricities, but this… was really something.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (4,649 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hospital Workers do nothing when giving birth

Hero

Are you able to give birth at all ? This seems to be an issue that crops up from time to time on certain saves but usually checking in multiple times solves the not being able to give birth.

The rest of the staff is really just for decoration and doesn't do anything. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (7,736 Views)

★ Guide
No, no one will do anything the decorative people, the doctor, and the secretary. My sim will just stand there in pain while the husband is either freaking out or wasting money on food from the vending machine...
Message 3 of 54 (7,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try registering multiple times ? 

If so, would you be willing to share your save ?

Old thread on this issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Birth-at-hospital-not-possible-No-Staff-on-duty/m-p/4...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 54 (7,693 Views)

★ Guide
Yes I have. Would the save be Slot_00...1.save or something different?
Message 5 of 54 (7,663 Views)

Hero
You can find instructions how to find the correct save here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M55399

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 54 (7,651 Views)

★ Guide
I don't have drop box or anything like that so should I download that and then try?
Message 7 of 54 (7,619 Views)

Hero

You can use any free one you find although I prefer them not to be full of ads. You don't really need to download anything. Most can just be uploaded through the website.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 54 (7,616 Views)

Hero
@Hi_its_Nobody Have you been able to upload ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 54 (7,590 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry been without internet for a few days! I'll try to get that done!
Message 10 of 54 (7,564 Views)